Chapter 20

C h a p t e r 2 0
R I G H T  P E R S O N
A T  T HE
W R O N G  T I M E

C h a p t e r   2 0R I G H T  P E R S O NA T  T HEW R O N G  T I M E

3 r d  P O V

"Welcome back, Jennie." Lisa's mother said with a heartwarming smile, "Come on, sit with us."

The three-member family followed the woman and they found a familiar face. Cat eyes and doe eyes meet, a rush of familiarity run towards Lisa's brain.

Jisoo and Rosé flattened their sole on the ground, and watch the interaction.

Their eyes lingered a little too long

Unfinished business

The blonde couldn't let her best friend experience all of the intense feelings at the same time.

Panic

Love

and

Pain

To divert her attention away from the two, the blonde slipped her hand under the table and grabbed Jisoo's hand. Jisoo's palm is already trembling and chilly as Rosé's eyes budge out of their sockets. She cast a sidelong glance and noticed her friend's brows furrowing, beads of sweat forming on her forehead, and her breath becoming ragged. Rosé took a deep breath and gripped Jisoo's hand, allowing her to follow her.

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exhal—

"Lisa!" said a woman who rushed up to her and hugged her tightly, "you're not visiting anymore, we miss you!" Lisa didn't flinch, as if she was used to it.

Jisoo assumed it was Jennie's mother.  Pretty like her mother. Jisoo watched the scene her heart clenching at the thought.

Lisa hugged Jennie's mother back, "hi, what are you doing here?" Lisa asked while the woman lets her go.

The woman grimaced and said, "Like you didn't want us here."

"Of course not!" Lisa exclaimed emphatically.

"I'm just kidding," she remarked as she moved out of the way of her spouse.

When Lisa saw Jennie's father, she rose, wiped her hands on her pants, and awkwardly extended her arm to him.

Lisa, especially Jisoo, was caught aback by the action when the father simply smiled at her and grabbed her hand, pulling her into an embrace. Lisa felt warm, and she missed it.

"Care to explain why my daughter is going home all by herself?" the dad asked as he backed away from Lisa.

Lisa scratched the back of her neck, she was about to utter a word when, "We're not together anymore, dad." Jennie said, "I kept telling you that hundreds of times on the way here." The cat-eyes looked was soft gazing at his father and softly explaining it to him.