Chapter 39

C h a p t e r  3 9

R I G H T  P E R S O N

A T  T H E

W R O N G  T I M E

_____________

Jisoo lifted her head, her eyes red and puffy from crying. "I don't want to die anymore," she sobbed. "It's the first time I've ever felt this fear in my heart."

Rosé felt like her whole world was shattering around her. She couldn't bear the thought of losing Jisoo too, not after everything they had been through together. She wrapped her arms around Jisoo, pulling her close. "Please don't say that, Jisoo," she whispered, her voice cracking. "You will not di—" Rosé choked, "You won't," Her voice trembling.

Jisoo's shoulders shook as she cried, and Rosé held her tighter, trying to offer as much comfort as she could. 

Jisoo clung to Rosé, her body shaking with sobs. For so long, she had been the strong one, the one who always put on a brave face for her family and her friends. But now, in this moment of weakness, she finally let herself break down.

"I'm scared," Jisoo whispered. "I'm scared of everything, of the future, of what's going to happen to me."

Rosé tightened her embrace, holding Jisoo even closer. "Everything will be okay."

Jisoo's sudden movement startled Rosé, and she watched with concern as her friend paced back and forth in her room, pulling at her hair. Jisoo suddenly grabbed her phone and started to call someone.

"Jisoo, what are you doing?" Rosé asked, her voice tinged with worry. Jisoo dialed Lisa's number on her phone and waited as it rang. After a few rings, Lisa picked up the call.

"Hey, my love missed me?" Lisa asked, sounding excited.

"Hey, Lisa! I was wondering if you want to go to California tomorrow with Rosie, me and your friends?" Jisoo asked.

"California? That sounds amazing! Of course!" Lisa said excitedly.

"Can you a book a flight later, we thought it would be a great opportunity to get away for a few days," Jisoo said.

"That sounds perfect, my love," Lisa replied, sounding excited about the trip. "I'll tell this to the gang, see you soo—"

Rosé suddenly snatched Jisoo's phone out of her hand and ended the call.

"What are you doing? Give me my phone back!" Jisoo exclaimed, surprised by Rosé's sudden outburst.

"You just got back home, and now you're planning to leave again? What are you thinking, Jisoo?" Rosé yelled, her voice rising with anger.

"I just wanted to go on a trip with our friends, Rosé. What's wrong with that?" Jisoo replied, feeling defensive.

"What's wrong with that? Your parents will be worried sick if they find out you're leaving again so soon. You need to think about the people who care about you, Jisoo," Rosé said, her tone stern and forceful.

"I know my parents will be worried, but I can take care of myself, Rosé. I'm not a child," Jisoo said, feeling frustrated by Rosé's overprotective behavior.

"I know you're not a child, but you need to start acting like an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. You can't just do whatever you want without thinking about the consequences," Rosé said.