Chapter 42

C h a p t e r  4 2

R I G H T P E R S O N

A T T H E

W R O N G T I M E

_____________

"You know what?"

"About Jisoo."

Rosé's stopped folding her shirts, her eyes trained on the duffle bag for a moment. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she waited for Lisa to speak. She could feel the tension in the air, and her mind was racing with all sorts of possibilities.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Lisa took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Jisoo's dad wants us to break up," she said, her voice low and serious.

"Oh."

Lisa cocked her head ever so slightly to take a glance at the blonde.

"What do you mean 'oh?'"

Rosé felt a mixture of relief and guilt as Lisa finished her confession. She knew that Lisa deserved to know what was going on with Jisoo, but she also understood why Jisoo was hesitant to tell her. Jisoo wanted to be ready and fully prepared to face the reality of her illness, and she didn't want to burden Lisa until she had to.

"Are you happy that Jisoo's dad does not approve of us?" Lisa stopped folding her shirt and fully turned to Rosé.

"Of course not!" Rosé said in a heartbeat, waving her hands at Lisa, dismissing the younger girl's thoughts.

"Then what is it?"

"I- it's just that, I knew..."

"You what?"

"I- I knew."

"How?"

"I was there."

Lisa's heart sank as she heard Rosé say those words. She quickly looked up at the blonde, feeling a mix of emotions. She wanted to be angry at Rosé for knowing about Jisoo's situation and not telling her, but at the same time, she couldn't find it in her to be mad at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lisa asked softly, her eyes welling up with tears.

Rosé couldn't help but silently gasp as she saw Lisa with tears welling up in her eyes. It was her first time seeing Lisa in such a vulnerable state. She had always known Lisa to be a strong and confident person, but now she looked like a completely different person.

"I-I'm sorry," She was about to touch Lisa's shoulder but she took her hand back and watch the younger girl close her eyes and duck her head.

"Aren't you in love with Jisoo?"

Rosé's heart skipped a beat as she heard Lisa's question. She didn't expect Lisa to bring up her feelings for Jisoo, especially not at this moment. She looked at Lisa with surprise written all over her face, unsure of how to respond.

"You're supposed to be happy." Lisa sighed.

"Well, I'm not happy seeing you like this."

Lisa looked up and saw a sad smile on Rosé's face.

"What do you mean?"

"I still love her," Rosé admitted, "but not more than what you think." Lisa nodded with a smile, "for now, we just enjoy the rest of the week and think about it at home."

Rosé patted Lisa's back and zipped her bag.

"Maybe you fell in love on the plane?" Lisa asked finishing folding her shirts.