Chapter 24

C h a p t e r 2 4

R I G H T P E R S O N
A T T H E
W R O N G T I M E
_____________
L I S A
A f t e r t h e b u r i a l

The mass and ritual were over, I keep glancing at the back to look for Jisoo but she wasn't there. Even that blonde bitch wasn't here. I'm supposed to be angry at Jisoo but I can't, I keep looking for her in every direction and corner. When I got home, I sat down on the sofa. I guess they both didn't go to the burial. I didn't bother looking for them in the morning because we had already talked about what to do when we were on the plane, for the day of the burial and I can't face her knowing the both of them shared a kiss last night. It fucks my head.

"Looking for someone?" I sighed hearing that voice, mother.

"Jisoo," I said, "I haven't seen her since this morning, even after the burial she's not there." I sadly said.

I heard a light chuckle from the older woman in front of me, I pulled my eyebrows together. Has she done something to them?

"What did you do?" I finally looked up at her, my eyes saw how wicked she smiled. No! I ran towards their bedroom and opened the door harshly. My shoulders slumped, their things are gone. I can't believe it.

"Well," I heard my mother say, "I told you she's not good for you."

I abruptly turned around to face her, pierced my eyes right through hers, "what did you do to them?" My teeth are clenched because of how she looks at me.

"I didn't do anything," my mother said, raising both of her hands in the air. She chuckled, shaking her head while she walk behind me. "The real question is, what did you do?" Mother emphasized the last part.

The gates

Kiss

Jennie

My breath hitched, did she see that? Is that why she ran away? My hands formed into fists. I need to tell her the truth, I need to find her. I ran towards my room and packed my things and grabbed everything I can and fit inside my duffle bag. I don't care if it's crumpled up. I just want to tell her.

"You're going back?" I heard my mother say behind me. I didn't dare speak to her, knowing damn well she did something behind my back. "Jennie and her family are here, you can't just fly to Korea."

I finished packing and zipped my duffle bag loudly for her to hear. I turned around and gave her a cold glance, "goodbye mother."

_________

K o r e a

"Why aren't they answering my calls?" I said frustrated, I just landed here in Korea. Jisoo's phone is off and this blonde bitch keeps declining my calls.

I threw my phone inside my bag and walk off. I watched a black car drive in front of me. "Madam Manoban, I am your driver for the day." A middle-aged man went outside the car and greeted me, he then opened the backseat door for me.

I went inside and relaxed. As the car was driving off. I tried to collect every memory of Jennie and me from that night. What did I just do? Why did I let it happen? I know Jisoo doesn't love me that way, but why am I so worried. She knows our deal.