Chapter 22

C h a p t e r 2 2

R I G H T P E R S O N
AT T H E
W R O N G T I M E
____________________

L I S A

The Kims are here, I quickly glance at my mother. I saw how her lips curved into an evil grin, then I glanced back at the Kims. A familiar face caught my eyes, Jennie.

We both caught each other's gazes, something felt odd looking at her eyes, like a tug on my chest. I closed my eyes and averted my gaze.

"Lisa!" Jennie's mother rushed towards me, crashing me with her hug. "You're not visiting anymore! We miss you!" I returned her embrace.

She slowly backed away and waited for my response, what does she want me to say? Besides her daughter crushed my heart into pieces or how she didn't even give me a proper explanation why she doesn't feel anything anymore. After how many years of loving each other, 6 years.

I cleared my throat and smiled awkwardly, "Hi, what are you doing here?" I croaked out, well that sounds rude.

"Like you didn't want us here."

"Of course not!" I said almost immediately, my palms already sweaty at this interaction.

"I'm just kidding," Jennie's mother smiled and went to her daughter.

I saw the man I feared and adored the most, Jennie's father. Wealthiest man I know but the most humble person I ever met, not like other people here. I took a glance at my mother who sat there with the most satisfied look.

I stood up and wiped the sweat on my palms on my jeans and extended my hand to him. But to my surprise, he just laughed at me lightly and grabbed my hand towards him. Making me surprise all of the sudden. He hugged me tightly, I always feel at home when I'm with Jennie's unlike here.

"Care to explain why my daughter is going home all by herself?"

I scratched the back of my neck, honestly, it's your daughter's fault. That's what I want to say, but still, I want to respect her parents. I glanced down at my feet, I don't know what to say. Maybe I should just look at my shoes, wow my shoes look extra clean today and the floor is tidy-

"We're not together anymore, dad." I didn't dare try to look at where the voice came from, "I kept telling you that hundreds of times on the way here." Jennie said with a lot of confidence in her voice like she was ready to let that 6 years go.

I scoffed under my breath, "right."

____________

The dinner has passed and Mr. and Mrs. Kim joined my mother in the entertainment area to accommodate them. While the four of us sat here with suffocating air and an empty mansion. I tried to steal a glance at Jennie, but to my surprise, she's already looking at me, like she's telling me something.

"If you'll excuse us," The blonde witch abruptly said, I looked at her way, then I saw her. Jisoo. "Jisoo and I are going upstairs," I saw how Jisoo was happy being with her, how she glance at her with relief.

I felt a slight tick in my brain, I can't let her be alone with her, I want to be with her too.

Jisoo was about to stand up when I snatched her hand, my eyes grew wider feeling her skin colder than before. I look at her eyes, it looks tired. "I'll come with you," I caressed her hand for warmth, I hope she feels it.