Chapter 41

C h a p t e r  41

R I G H T P E R S O N

A T T H E

W R O N G T I M E

_____________

Jisoo woke up to the warmth of the sun shining through the window. She stretched her arms and felt the smooth bedsheet rub against her skin. A smile slowly spread across her face as she remembered the night before. She and Lisa had made love again, and it was sweet and gentle, just like they always were.

But as she stretched her arms above her head, a sharp pain shot through her back, making her gasp in surprise. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, wondering what could be causing the discomfort.

As she got out of bed, the burning sensation on her back intensified,

Jisoo's face twisted into a contorted expression of agony. 

The pain was unexplainable, a raw and searing sensation that she had never felt before. She tried to take a deep breath, but the pain intensified, making it almost impossible to catch her breath.

 and she stumbled towards the bathroom. She turned around to see heavy bruises on her back, dark and angry against her skin.

Jisoo's heart raced as she examined the bruises, fear and confusion clouding her thoughts. She had been feeling unwell for a while now, but her condition is being persistent now; the last time she saw these big bruises is from the beach house.

As much as she loved being intimate with Lisa, she couldn't deny the toll it was taking on her body. Every time they made love, she woke up with more bruises, and it was a painful reminder of her illness and the limitations it imposed on her.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door, and she jumped in panic. She quickly tried to cover up the bruises on her skin, not wanting Lisa to see them.

"Jisoo, are you okay?" Lisa's voice came from the other side of the door.

Jisoo took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down before answering. "Yes, I'm okay," she said, her voice shaking.

Lisa could sense something was wrong, but she decided not to push it. "Okay, I'm going to make breakfast. Come out when you're ready."

Jisoo waited until she heard Lisa's footsteps fade away before letting out a sigh of relief. She couldn't keep hiding her illness from Lisa, but she didn't know how to tell her. She felt ashamed of her own body, and she didn't want Lisa to see her as weak.

_____________

Jisoo sat quietly at the kitchen table with her friends, lost in her thoughts as she picked at her food. She couldn't help but feel stressed and worried about her bruises and how to hide them from everyone, especially Lisa.

Mino noticed Jisoo's silence and asked, "Jisoo, is everything okay? You seem a bit quiet today."

Jisoo looked up, startled by the sudden question. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine," she lied, forcing a smile.

Do-young furrowed her brows. "Are you sure? You seem a bit off."

Jisoo nodded, trying her best to act normal. But as the conversation continued, Jisoo's anxiety only grew.

Meanwhile, Rosé noticed Jisoo's distress and watched her closely. She also noticed that Lisa was unusually quiet, which was unlike her bubbly self. So, she decided to take matters into her own hands.