Chapter 31

C h a p t e r  3 1

R I G H T P E R S O N
A T T H E
W R O N G T I M E
_____________
3rd

The way she felt a pit down in her stomach, she couldn't believe what she just heard. She ran her fingers through her hair, phasing back and forth. She stared at Seulgi for a minute straight then sat at a near chair and blew a sigh.

"We need to do something, Irene," Seulgi suggested. She called Irene instead of Lisa. She knew Irene could understand and knows exactly what to do. She couldn't break her promise to Jisoo, but it tears her apart knowing she's hiding something from her best friend.

The older one sighed heavily and said, "I know," resting her chin on her palm while roughly rubbing her eyebrows. "Everything was going so well, Lisa is finally happy again," she said with distress in her voice.

"I don't want to tell, Lisa," Seulgi said.

"Tell me what?"

Irene and Seulgi froze from where they are, Seulgi spun around sharply to see Lisa leaning on a post while her head hang low looking at her phone. Too preoccupied.

why is she always popping out of nowhere?

"Jisoo isn't responding to my texts and I haven't seen her after this morning, have you seen her?" Lisa then looks up and saw Irene's back facing her and a little awkward orange head.

Seulgi stutters as Lisa looks at her, "No," she responds.

Lisa's eyes darting between them gave Seulgi the impression that she was suspicious of them, which made them tenser. Lisa slowly glided her way to Irene and faced her.

"Care to say something to me?" Lisa asked, she glimpsed at Seulgi before lifting Irene's chin using her index finger to make eye contact with her.

The way Irene's breath hitched at Lisa's sudden action made Seulgi's stomach clench with the force of restraint. Their face is just an inch closer, Seulgi's mind becomes cloudy and the rush of adrenaline made it hard to think.

"Lisa," Seulgi warned, snatching her arm firmly.

Irene beat a hasty "We're going to surprise you on a trip!" and covered her mouth with wide eyes.

Seulgi just sighed; she knew Lisa had gotten into her, but she was pleased she didn't say anything. Lisa stared as if waiting for an explanation.

Seulgi gradually let go of Lisa's wrist. Seulgi explains, "Yeah, we've been wanting to tell you that for a week now."

"Does the others know?" Lisa questions even more.

Irene stood up and stands next to Seulgi, "no, just the two of us have been planning it. Just a nice gateway for winning this competition." Irene looked up at Seulgi and Seulgi did the same. Lisa sat down on Irene's seat and fiddled with her lips while thinking.

"I'll bring Jisoo."

Seulgi's mouth flew open while Irene forgot how to breathe for a moment.

"What?" Lisa asked with one eyebrow up, she was getting more annoyed at how the two acted in front of her.

"Well," Seulgi scratched the back of her neck, "we just want, ... you know friends only?" Seulgi said hesitantly.