Panotti of the Opera (13)

Two days after the musical ended, it was obvious that the atmosphere of the campus had changed drastically.

Firstly, there were many whispers about how handsome Prince Syris was. The opinions of omegas made a complete change the moment they heard Syris rapping and even though his singing was mediocre for a siren, they were captivated by his passion on stage.

"Not only is he good-looking, but he is also kind and talented!"

"Are you sure he was previously tone-deaf? Maybe he was just pretending and waiting for the right time."

As Floopy and Klick walked to their class, they kept hearing mixed comments and opinions about Syris. The composer was glad that more people are starting to view his boyfriend in a more favourable light and giggled happily.

To make things better, ever since Floopy proved his ability to create such an emotional musical that Amanda loved, nobody bullied him or Klick anymore. In fact, it felt a little strange to be receiving nods of acknowledgement from his classmates and omegas. While he didn't make new friends because of it, he earned their respect.

Speaking of strange changes, there was one that made Floopy a little confused and Klick extremely annoyed.

Alphas don't often approach betas but ever since the musical, there had been several alphas coming to the beta block to catch Floopy. Some would come with flowers and others would recite poetry in hopes to ask Floopy out. Klick recognised them as the alpha sons of families who depended on music for their power or livelihood. In other words, all these people were celebrities. Hence, the bat demon did his best to chase them all away to protect his precious friend.

"I hate this damned cast, why can't it be removed already? I could have kicked that alpha's ass without this stupid thing on!" he fumed.

The latest alpha was a peacock in even the most literal sense. The man dressed in a very loud and ostentatious fashion that screamed "attention whore" and proposed for the fifth time today in front of Floopy's class. The bat assassin even heard that this peacock alpha already had a canary fiance and that made him angrier. It didn't matter how many times Floopy told him that he wouldn't accept his proposal because he already had a boyfriend, this peacock was relentless!

"It's alright," Floopy told his best friend. "You can still kick him after you're better. Just don't be too reckless, Bruce told me that you tore your ligament from trying to fly while still in bandages. Your wings are broken, please take better care of them!"

Klick was annoyed. Speaking of annoyances, his life seemed to be at the least favourable point. Apart from the chaos circling Floopy, he was also involved with an annoying shark. Unfortunately for Klick, he still had a mission to fulfil so he was unable to reveal his true colours just yet, The person he needed to murder still hasn't been found in this massive academy so he had to make do for now. That said, Bruce actually did make a decent pest repellant. Normally, Klick would have to ward flies away from Floopy and himself but with Bruce standing in front of all three of them, Syris included, nobody dared to approach them carelessly, in fear of inciting the shark's wrath.

Today, Floopy and Syris were going to see Amanda. It has been roughly a week since the musical and to reward Floopy for doing such a fantastic job, Amanda wanted to see him and Syris who played a huge role in the play's success.

Without even hearing or looking, Klick knew how his timid friend must be feeling. Becoming an omega wasn't going to be easy. There were so many things that Floopy didn't know even after reading up all about it and talking to Soubi. When the panotti heard about the first heat that all awakened omegas first experienced, he was honestly frightened.