Alpha x Alpha Twisted Romance (8)

Dr Iason was helpless. The fever was caused by a strange internal fluctuation and no healing magic or medicine could help. The best he could do was place an ice pack on Ruo Han's head and Shen Long wasn't pleased.

"Can't you do something?" Shen Long growled. He wanted to tear someone apart.

How did Ruo Han end up falling so ill? That dark mass of energy gathered in his spiritual core was going to end up crippling his progression if something wasn't done. As a dragon god, Shen Long would have no problem helping the cultivator through this crisis but with his powers sealed, there wasn't much he could do. Also, one thing Shen Long couldn't understand was where all the amassed negative energy came from. It wasn't something born from one night and it certainly wasn't there a few days ago. That much, he was certain of.

The Caladrius was helpless. "This isn't an illness and it isn't an injury. No magic can cure this."

Shen Long didn't need to be told. He knew that better than anyone else. After all, there was probably nobody else in the academy more knowledgeable about spiritual cultivation than him. He had a few guesses where the energy came from and he could only blame himself for letting his guard down. Now, the only person who could help Ruo Han was that damned witch.

Amanda was working on her documents, as usual, going through the profiles of every student submitted by the teachers when she heard Asahina's voice from outside and the angry yells of someone. It hasn't even been an hour, Shen Long must be really desperate.

"Hey, witch! Stop pretending to be busy!" the dragon god spirit growled. Asahina tried to stop Shen Long from making a ruckus but he ignored her, easily powering past the bat assistant to barge into the principal's office.

Amanda didn't look surprised. Instead, she pouted. He was here too soon and it was no fun. However, a small part of her was thrilled that the dragon god spirit had changed. He used to not care about anything and simply wanted nothing more than his destruction but now, look at him getting all worked up over someone else.

"How can I help you?" she asked calmly and Shen Long stormed up to her desk, slamming his hands on the top. He glared at her fiercely and pointed to the seal on top of his heart.

"Remove this."

Amanda remained calm. That was a seal Shen Long requested for himself before he entered the academy. The fallen dragon god simply wanted to forget everything and Amanda granted his wish by sealing his feelings, memories and powers. It's not something that can easily be undone. She feared its flashbacks if she undid it now simply because of how fiercely that energy was radiating beneath the seal.

"I can't," she told him. "You could die if I undo it myself. Besides, you agreed to this. Why are you blaming me for it? I told you that there would be consequences erasing your memories but you insisted that it was fine even if you lost most of your power. What made you change your mind?"

Shen Long hesitated. Indeed, he remembered making such a deal. It was probably the only thing he remembered clearly seeing as his other memories were fuzzy after they were sealed away.

Amanda observed Shen Long's expression as the dragon god thought about it. She had to try very hard to not let her true feelings show but it was getting increasingly difficult to keep that smile off her face. Hence, she hid them behind her hands clasped together on the table supported like her elbow.

Compared to Ruo Han's declining health and the risk of him losing his cultivation because of him, Shen Long didn't actually mind taking that risk. Whatever it was in his past, he would deal with it after he saved that stupid cultivator. Who told Ruo Han to help him? Even if there was corrosion in his spirit, Shen Long was still a dragon god with divinity. He wouldn't die even if he was corrupted, he would only lose his powers. On the other hand, who did that cultivator think he was? No matter how powerful he became or how long he lived, he was still a weak mortal! Humans should know their place and stop trying to carry the burdens of gods.

"Is there no other way?" he asked. "He's going to become crippled and there aren't any other cultivators."

Amanda paused. "There is," she said. "However, that's not up to me. That seal will dissolve naturally over time if you learn to trust and come to care for someone more strongly than you ever did. However, in doing so, you know what's going to happen next."

Shen Long didn't need to be told twice. He was ready for it. In fact, he didn't think it would be possible for that seal to come undone when they first did it. The price to pay was a small one in comparison.

"Does it work on an alpha?"

Amanda nodded. "Souls aren't categorised by second genders. But it would be a pity. You won't be able to have any children in the future because neither of you has the ability to become omegas."

Shen Long shook his head. "It doesn't matter to me. Besides, you already knew this would happen when you placed the soulbond spell if my seal was undone. It's all part of your calculation, isn't it?"

Amanda didn't deny nor confirm that and Shen Long snorted. The witch was meddlesome but he couldn't bring himself to hate her. After all, she was also known as the romantic archmage. He was heartbroken when he came to her and sought refuge in her academy. He should have known she had a plan to meddle with his love life when he accepted her offer.

Asahina held her breath when Shen Long left and looked at her mistress worriedly. Amanda was smiling madly, a sign that things were going to be interesting very soon and the bat demon couldn't help but wonder if she had to prepare a special room for a new couple.

"Asahina," the archmage called. "Prepare the registration certificate."

"Yes, milady. Would you like me to prepare them a special room?"

Amanda shook her head. "No need. They already have one and if they require anything else, I'm sure Ruo Han can handle it."

Stunned that there was going to be an alpha and alpha couple in the academy, the bat demon froze for a solid minute before she shuffled off in a dazed manner. While it was technically possible to have an alpha and alpha pairing, it has never happened in the history of Time Cross Academy. They had a few omega and omega couples but never a double alpha pair.

How times have changed!