Friends But Actually Lovers (11)

The news about an omega sneaking into the alpha dormitory spread around the academy like wildfire. Most people didn't know who the involved parties were and Klick felt like killing himself with each passing day.

Amanda did say that she would be giving out punishments to those involved in the incident for violation of the rules once they were fully recovered and Klick didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that it was postponed for now.

Klick wasn't allowed to leave his dormitory at all. The same thing applied to Bruce and Carlos. While Bruce often called and texted him, Klick didn't know what to tell the shark merman. He only became depressed when Asahina told him the assassination attempt wasn't successful and the vaccine had been administered by Dr Iason to save everyone's lives on Amanda's orders.

"To die in the academy by the archmage or to return to the headquarters to spill my innards, I don't really know which is worse," Klick laughed without humour to himself. It has been two weeks and every single day that passed was hell to him. If they wanted to kill him, they should have done it that day.

Not only was he no longer a virgin, but he was also a failure. Klick had no real reasons left to live or remain in this academy. Floopy kept asking if he was alright because the musician hadn't seen him in a while but Klick only came up with excuses after excuses so that the panotti would try to break the rules and visit him in the beta dormitory.

Tomorrow was the day when all three of them would be called to Amanda's office and given their punishments. Klick tossed and turned in bed, he couldn't sleep.

Figuring that it might be better to get up and do something instead, Klick picked up a pen to draft a letter. For some reason, knowing that he was going to die didn't scare him at all. It only made things clearer now that it was over.

Bruce was the only person Klick owed an apology to and he started drafting the letter that grew from one page to two and from two to four pages. He included all the things he wanted to tell the shark merman but couldn't because of circumstances. By the time he finished, it was folded into a thick stack that barely fit in the envelope.

Dawn approached and the dorm manager brought his breakfast into the room.

"After breakfast, get dressed. We'll see the doctor one last time before I escort you to the principal's office."

Klick smiled weakly. Breakfast was delicious and Klick tried to savour it. This could very well be his last meal and the bat demon couldn't help but feel all sorts of feelings. The warm soup made him feel alive and the gentle aroma made him regret getting attached to the people he became attached to. If he wasn't an assassin, perhaps he would really have a chance at finding happiness like how Syris and Floopy found each other. Bruce was the closest person Klick could come to call a kindred friend.

>> This is a sponsored line break. Premium content for Time Cross Academy from USD1 monthly only on P@treon. <<

Amanda didn't want to be here but Asahina reminded her that there was an important matter to be resolved in the morning regarding the bat assassin. Hence, she yawned at her desk while sipping on freshly brewed coffee instead of her usual tea. Three students stood before her with different expressions.

Carlos flinched when she called out to him first. Bruce didn't look too concerned about his punishment. Instead, he constantly shot death glares at the cheetah while casting looks of silent concern to his small beta friend.

"You've been making a lot of trouble and flouting the rules about breaking up mates. Don't think I don't know why you're here."

Caught red-handed, Carlos didn't deny and looked aside. It was no secret that Carlos registered for the academy to escape his messy relationships outside of the academy. As the useless first son of his clan, Carlos found himself rebelling by sleeping around and causing trouble for his family. Truthfully, he didn't want to inherit the troublesome position of the clan head and Amanda understood why. Yet, she couldn't forgive him so easily for almost ruining an omega's future by losing control.