Positions (11)

The following day, Wilson called in sick for Carlos as well. Compared to yesterday, the high faded and left only a stinging mess all over his skin. Every time Carlos shifted his position, it hurt.

Wilson was expecting this. The pain would subside in a day or two after the scene if proper aftercare treatment was carried out. In fact, the lone wolf didn't make any plans for scenes today. All he wanted was to take care of Carlos. Right from the time Carlos woke up, Wilson hovered over him constantly, fussing over just about everything from his minor muscle aches to the tender skin.

Carlos didn't know why he was given VIP treatment today. Not only did he not need to attend class, but Wilson was also pampering him to a point where he was going to rot. From the very moment he opened his eyes, Wilson already took care of his needs. He helped Carlos shower without any funny business, took care of cleaning the room while Carlos ate the breakfast he brought up, applied salve on the areas that hurt, and gave the cheetah a thorough full body massage.

It was slightly scary how Wilson serviced him. Carlos never had this luxury, even when he was a young master back in the main house. If anything, the treatment made him feel at a loss. He didn't have to do anything. Wilson even brushed his fur, and Carlos couldn't understand why the wolf was so nice. Weren't they enemies?

"What's wrong?" the werewolf asked when he felt Carlos staring at him from the bed. The cheetah was currently lying on his stomach, resting.

"Why are you so nice?" Carlos asked. There was no way Wilson wasn't suspicious!

The lone wolf smirked. "You prefer it more when I stalk you and drag you by the collar to Preeta?"

Carlos snarled at that. Not too long ago, that was their relationship - a troublemaker and a watcher. However, after the stupid bet, things were changing, and Carlos was afraid. What will happen when the bet is over?

Seeing how deep in thoughts the werecat was, Wilson left him alone and focussed on finishing his assignments. Ruo Han's silencing talisman worked really well, and he owed the cultivator one. Shen Long and Ruo Han were an alpha couple. Could it be possible between him and Carlos?

"What are you doing?" Carlos asked as he got up from the bed. Lying in here all day wasn't going to help him find any answers. Rather than agonising over the unstable future, Carlos preferred indulging in the present.

"Homework. If you're well enough to get out of bed, you should do yours too."

The boring answer made Carlos roll his eyes. Yet, the cheetah obediently pulled out his assignments and started reading up on what he missed. They spent the afternoon and evening amiably like this. Occasionally, Carlos would ask some questions about the paragraphs he didn't understand, and Wilson would teach him with incredible patience.

"Don't you hate me?" the question blurted out over dinner. Carlos couldn't stop it, and Wilson was surprised.

"No? We might be natural-born enemies, but I'm not prejudiced over that. I dislike you at first because I hated how privileged you were as an alpha. On the surface, it didn't look like you had to work for anything. You had everything simply fall into your lap, including the Chavez Clan. On the other hand, my clan was wiped out, and I had to struggle to prove myself as an alpha among the werewolf community."

Surprised, Carlos decided to push it further. He never thought he would have the opportunity to hear Wilson talk about his mysterious past.

"Can I ask if it is true?"

"What's true?"

Carlos hesitated. After they've done so much, asking for a little more details should be fine, right?