#3: Snake x Fox (3)

Soubi looked at his school handbook that was distributed after the afternoon speech. Time Cross Academy had very strict rules that everyone had to abide by and anybody who breaks the rules will be punished by torture or death depending on the severity. While it sounded like a scary place, the rules that Amanda Lucifer implemented made him feel safe instead.

As an omega, Soubi was always afraid of what alphas would do to the weaker second genders like him. The collar he wore was bought by his father who was worried about him getting marked by a stranger that he didn't want as a mate. Kenma was also sent to protect the snow fox demon but nothing assured Soubi more than the ten golden rules.

1. No rape and non-consensual sex.

2. All mate bonding and marking can only take place after both students sign a mate registration certificate.

3. Only registered mates can spend their heats in each other's rooms during the mating season.

4. Dormitories are only accessible by their respective second genders. No visiting of other second gender dormitories are allowed.

5. Alpha, beta and omegas have individual toilets, no using of other second gender toilets allowed on campus.

6. No attempting to break up a registered couple.

7. No public sex.

8. Pregnancy rooms must be reserved beforehand and approval from both parties' parents must be submitted before permitted use.

9. No skipping or faking results of second gender retests held every semester.

10. All second genders and species are treated equally and fairly, no bullying is tolerated.

Apart from these rules, students have a lot of freedom to choose their elective classes and even roommates. Soubi's roommate hasn't arrived yet but he is an omega human who looked very out of the place and afraid. The snow fox demon didn't blame the kid. He was only eighteen and a human to boot who was registered in Time Cross Academy by his adoptive family to marry into an influential alpha's family for connections. Soubi took pity on the poor boy and befriended him.

The boy's name was Ringo Yamamoto and he came from a family of exorcists. He wears a traditional blue bottom hakama and is shorter than Soubi. The man had black hair and chubby cheeks despite being eighteen years of age and this was the first time Soubi thought a boy could be cute despite being the same age as him. Ringo was a clumsy boy who was shy and soft-spoken. The snow fox didn't think that his roommate would last very long in the school full of supernatural creatures. Many alphas were eyeing the human boy earlier and Soubi decided to step in when a vampire alpha came too close.

Speaking of Ringo, the boy was late. Soubi's stomach rumbled. They were supposed to meet up in the room before heading to the canteen together to grab dinner. How long could one shower take? Showering twice a day must sound tiring. Soubi hated water so his showers usually only lasted five minutes. Ringo had been gone for half an hour now, surely he didn't drown in the bath... right?

"I better check on him," the grouchy snow fox demon said and left his room.

The showers and bathrooms were shared in the dormitories. After the introductory speech by Asahina, Soubi learnt more about second genders. In society, most of the population were betas and they made up about sixty to seventy percent of the workforce. However, in Time Cross Academy the betas were the minority population making up only twenty percent. Their dormitories were smaller compared to the alpha and omega dormitories.

Alphas made up ten to fifteen percent in the population outside of the academy in the ratio similar to omegas. The urban legends have it that alpha and omegas were attracted to each other because of physical compatibility by the power of pheromones released during heats and ruts. However, according to Amanda, there was one other attraction between alphas and omegas called the soul bond. This happened when alphas and omegas who were fated mates met. The chances of finding your fated mate were one in a few billion but at Time Cross Academy, Amanda helped. Most alphas and omegas will find their fated mates in the academy over the five years. Rumours have it that the archmage herself was actually the goddess of love who could see who had red threads and where they led. Soubi didn't know if he should believe it but he didn't care. He just wanted to know why the alpha and omega dormitories were so ridiculously huge. Then again, housing four hundred omegas in one building must be difficult even for the archmage.