Friends But Actually Lovers (10)

Bruce had been feeling uneasy the whole day. He wasn't able to catch sight of Klick anywhere. The boy wasn't even answering his phone. In fact, Bruce didn't know what was going on with Carlos either. Did he finally make his move? Usually, Carlos would be lazing around in the room at this hour. Today, he was nowhere to be found. The cafeteria ladies also didn't see him at dinner although they did mention Carlos coming by before dinner to make a huge special request for a picnic meal.

"Dammit!" Bruce growled. Where could they have gone?"

Deciding that maybe Carlos was in the bathrooms, Bruce decided to walk around the dormitory first. He would check with the dorm manager to see if Carlos had returned or left to know if he should call for a search party. He really didn't trust the cheetah to date Klick and not want to sleep with him. Even if the blind boy claimed that he was strong and could take down Carlos in combat, Bruce still worried for the small beta.

It was only when passing by his old room that Bruce noticed something strange. While it was silent like it should be, he smelled Klick. In fact, the smell was so strong that the shark merman was convinced he was inside.

"For someone who is used to sneaking into alpha dormitories, this shouldn't be weird," Bruce reasoned and was about to walk past when he smelled something else.

Without thinking, he kicked the door down and charged inside. It wasn't the smell of Carlos that triggered Bruce to smash the door down, it was the smell of blood. He knew what Klick's blood smelled like and it was not a coincidence.

Klick was crying and screaming for help. His voice sounded broken and hoarse as if he had been screaming for a while now. Both hands were bitten badly but those tiny fingers still refused to leave his nape where Carlos was trying to mark. The sight of their deed didn't register immediately even if Carlos was still inside of Klick. Bruce only saw it after the initial shock and the alpha in him lost it.

Klick who heard the door come down was too traumatised to know who it was. He was calling out to the new person who kicked the door down for help but all of a sudden, the words wouldn't leave his throat. The fever caused by the fake heat drug spiked and his stomach twisted painfully, stealing all the air in his lungs. The liquid dribbling from his entrance now gushed like a broken tap and Klick no longer had the energy to resist anyone.

Carlos went wild with instinct when a new alpha challenged him for the claim and growled loudly at Bruce who attacked.

The smell of an omega in heat drew the attention of alphas rooming nearby and almost at once, the dormitory manager appeared on the scene to rescue the attacked omega while separating the two alphas at each other's throat. Back up was called to keep the situation under control as the dormitory was forcefully evacuated.

Bruce didn't understand what was happening until his world went black. Similarly, Carlos couldn't be stopped until the tranquiliser took effect. Dr Iason, Asahina and even Amanda teleported to the scene to look at the damage.

Klick was still incoherent, badly affected by his first heat triggered by Bruce's alpha glare. It was a huge mess and Amanda sighed. She should have known this would happen.

"Iason, check on Klick. Zinnia, bring those two to the infirmary. Asahina, repair the damages. I'll leave the management of the other alphas to you," Amanda looked at the dorm manager.

As the principal left, nobody noticed the small smile on her lips. Even if an assassin wanted to do his job, under her watch and rules it wouldn't be as straightforward. The reason why she allowed Klick to continue his reckless plan was that she already knew that there was someone watching out for him. As the archmage in charge of all the students of important clans, how could she let any harm befall these precious heirs?

"One more red string tied, I wonder what kind of choices they will make now that the cover is blown."

Gleefully, the principal hummed a merry tune in rhythm to the clicking of her heels on the floor. One from the sky and one from the sea. One from the light and one from the darkness. Could it be that they will finally find balance in each other or would they tear at each other endlessly until there was nothing left?

Dr Iason looked at the casualties and grimaced. It hasn't been all that long since he gave Klick the green light to do whatever he wanted and now, he was back under his care in a condition worse than before. The two alphas didn't look like they were in too terrible of a condition although he didn't know how Amanda knew about the virus in Carlos and Klick' body. The principal had her mysterious ways and as the doctor, all he had to do was follow instructions.

Zinnia helped to transport the two heavy alphas to the infirmary while Dr Iason gave Klick some injections to calm his heat and put him to sleep so that he could treat the badly injured bat.

The last thing Klick understood before he was put to sleep was his mission's failure and the consequences he had to bear once he woke up. Amanda wasn't going to let him go and he didn't know how to let his client know about his failure. Klick didn't fail his missions but this would be the first. He was now a disgrace to his clan and honestly, even if Amanda let him leave, they would no doubt come to kill him for being a failure.

"I'm sorry, Bruce," Klick wanted to cry. He should have told him everything earlier when he had the chance. Now, it might be too late.

Ever since Klick came to the academy, he'd been somewhat happy. He met Floopy and through Floopy, his world widened. Standing at the centre of it all was Bruce. Yet now, he might never be able to return to those peaceful days filled with petty squabbles and sparring under the stars.

"I'm so sorry..."