1

Something in the sky makes me feel so calm. I looked back to my phone as the plane flew across the vast sky. Leaving home was the best decision I have ever made in my 21 years of living on this planet.

I went through my social media and saw all the pictures of my high school friends, showing all about their life and careers. Miami, Florida was not a bad place to live in, honestly I loved that place but my family makes it so unbearable.

I am an only child. My father owns a law firm and my mum died when I was barely 5 years old. I was expected to take over my dad's law firm once he goes into retirement. Of course, I hated the idea. I wanted to do photography, filming, editing and designing. I have a passion for these kinds of things, being creative is a way for me to escape the boring life that I have. So you see, being a lawyer is way off from where my passion lies. I dropped out of school (learning how to be a lawyer) and I am hoping that LA, California can help me fulfil the career of my dreams.

I have posted a few of my works online and even have my own website in the hopes to create an impressionable portfolio for myself. I haven't gotten a job in Miami because Dad always stop any interested company from hiring me. This is his method of saying "I told you so" and that this will make me join his law firm.

Since Dad owns a law firm, I came from a family of wealth. I always knew that being in the creative industry, money does not come as easily until you are well known for your work and I knew that it will take some time until I reach that point, so I started saving when I was very young. Skipping lunches and saving my birthday money because Dad don't buy me gifts. With the money I saved, I was able to buy one-way trip to LA and drop a deposit for a new apartment. It is small, one bedroom loft type of aesthetic.

I don't have friends in LA or Miami. My best friend since middle school betrayed me and I had broken up with my boyfriend because he cheated on me. I haven't spoken to either of them in over a year and I am happier for it. I have always been a loner because of the work I do. It's easier anyway, not maintaining friendships because I rather just go on nature walks and take pictures or film or edit.

The plane finally landed and I took an Uber to the apartment complex that I would be living in until I got enough to buy a new place. I stared at the very modern looking building and looked up to the sky.

Today is the start of a new beginning and adventure.