18

Clarissa, the manager, called me over to a room. I sucked in as much air as I can, I felt like I was going to pass out. I walked over to her and stepped into an almost empty room. There were two boys sitting down with their back facing me. I walked to the front with the manager and turned around to face them.

Shocked and confusion run through me. "Colby? Sam? What are you guys doing he-." I paused. "Wait the guys are my clients that I'm working with?" I asked Clarissa. She nodded and smiled. She seems glad that I knew of them. "I'm sorry but isn't there a conflict of interest?" I continued.

"No Ana, there isn't. We will be professional as long as you are. I know we knew you as friends before we became your boss but we just have to hire you. Your work was so good and we want the best for our channel." Sam shared. I looked down and doubt myself now. Did I got hired due to my talent or did I got hired because of Colby's interest with me and his pity for me.

"Ana," Colby started. "Look, I know what you're thinking. Whether we hired you because of your talent or because we pity you. Truth to be told, if we weren't friends, we would still hire you. Plus, we went through the correct channel, our manager was the one who agreed to hire you, without any convincing from us. We just showed her your work, I promise you that this is all because of your talent." He paused waiting to see my reaction.

My eyes started to tear up with appreciation and I felt Clarissa side hug me. " This is a family. All of us. Our clients work with each other too. Sam, Colby, Jake, Corey and the rest of them are under my wing. Right now, you will under Sam and Colby's wing. But if you progress further, you can help with the rest too. You're going to fit in fine right here Ana."

I smiled at her and thank her for the opportunity. She nodded and left the room to take my contract, leaving just Sam, Colby and I. Sam hugged me and congratulate me on my new role with them. Colby got very excited and started to talk about their next major project. They were going to Alaska. They were doing their major series called 25 x 25. It was all about doing things they have never done before and would like to do before turning 25. All their ideas popped out and we discussed about the theme of how their video would be and the edits. After brainstorming, Clarissa came in and listen to Sam's proposal on the new idea. Clarissa was on board and started jolt down everything.

She handed me my contract and I signed it proudly. This was it. My happy ending. Clarissa told me I will be joining Sam and Colby next month to Florida to film a video and handed me the itinerary for the trip.

We left the building and Colby started to giggle. "What's so funny babe?" I asked. "You should have seen your face baby girl. Your face when you found out that it was Sam and I." He said in between laughs. I rolled my eyes and flipped a finger to him before getting in the car. I filmed the car ride home. Capturing the roads and buildings that was around.

We finally reach the apartment complex. I was so tired I could literally sleep all night. I walked over to my apartment after saying bye to Sam and thanking him again. He went in and left Colby and I alone. He stared into my eyes and kiss me. He grabbed my waist and pull me closer.

"I'm so proud of you baby girl." He mumbled under his breath. I smiled and continued kissing him harder. "Mmm, shall we take this inside?" He pulled away pointing towards his apartment. I nodded and walked in with him. Suddenly I hear pops.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. I fell backwards and felt Colby's hand catching me. I laughed so hard when I saw everyone in the room. It was everyone from the pizza party and a few more I have never seen before. I saw Kat and instantly went up to her and hugged her. "Bitch, I told ya you'll be fine." she whispered.

I grinned at her and thanked everyone for the surprise. I looked over at Colby and saw him waving at me to come over. I walked by and he introduced me to Brennan, Kian and JC. I shook their hands and thank them for coming. Colby kissed my forehead and I felt myself blush.

I sat by with Kat and Tara talking about my possible future working for Sam and Colby. Kat was joking about how Sam can be such a diva and I laughed because I know this is true because of the shoot I took of him the day before. We chat even more before I hear my phone rang. It was Dad again. I sighed, stepped out from the apartment and picked up the call.

"Yes Dad, are you okay?" I started again. "I heard you got a job. It wont last, you will never be successful, trust me. I will ruin you Ana. Unless you decide to come home and help me Daddy here." He bluntly state. Not even a congratulations? I expected as much. "Look Dad, I don't ever want to hear from you ever again. I don't need you or your money. I don't care what you say, I will prove you wrong." He was about to say something in response but I ended the call.

I almost broke down right then and there knowing that this was the last tie I had to cut off from my life back in Miami. The door opened and I saw Colby stepped out. "Hey, there you are gorgeous, where have you been?" He paused, looked at me with sad eyes and hugged me. "Was it your dad again?" I nodded in response and he hugged me tighter. I cried into his chest and took the time to collect myself. When I was done, I looked up and appreciated his presence. His eyes so blue, I swear it'll match the ocean.

"Thank you Colby, for everything. I don't know if I could have survive here alone if I hadn't met you on my first day here." I told him with all of my heart. He kissed me pulling me close to him. The kiss got heated as I pushed him towards the wall. We were there for a while when we heard the door opened. We pulled away from each other and looked over. It was Jake. "OH MY GOD, please get a room guys." Jake teased. I blushed and push myself away from Colby but not far enough because Colby still grabbed me by the waist and smirked.

"Go away Jake, my room is occupied with people. That's why we stepped out." He replied and I could feel myself getting redder. Jake laughed and kept saying "ew" moving back into the room.

Colby looked and me and guide me back to the party that was for me.