34

*Colby's POV*

I drove as fast as I could from the gym back to the apartment. I tried calling for Sam but he didn't answer. He's probably with Kat catching up after the trip. "Fuck, fuck..." Why did she hang up the phone, was it to call 911? So many thoughts were racing through my mind. I finally reached the apartment complex and went up the stairs.

I ran through the hallway and saw my door was ajar. I slowly peeked in and saw that there was nobody in there. "Ana?" I called out. "Ana!" I called louder when there was no response. I stepped in and called out more time but there was no voice coming up from my mouth. I saw a pool of blood on the floor and when I followed it, I saw Ana's body laying still.

"Oh my fucking god Ana! Baby girl wake up! Ana!" I called for her again and again, trying to wake her up. I felt her neck and wrist for a pulse. I dialed 911 when I felt her weak pulse. The ambulance came and I rode with them to the hospital. I looked at Ana's pale face, she must have lost so much blood. Her hand bent in a way that was not supposed to be bent and I saw her chest rise and fall softly. How could he do this. I'm going to kill him. I know I promised Ana I wouldn't, but this takes the cake. I'm going to find him and kill him.

I held Ana's hand hoping and praying she'll wake up but she doesn't. I dialed for Sam again and heard the phone rang before he picked up. "Yo brother, I'm sorry I just woke up from a nap." I hear Sam's groggy voice. "Where are you?" I asked him, trying to sound as calm as I can. I told him what happened and he told me that he will meet me at the hospital.

Ana was pushed to the surgery ward and I was told I could not go in until she is out from surgery. I paced around the waiting room, getting impatient by the minute. I heard Sam's voice across the hallway and looked over. Sam, Kat, Corey, Jake and Tara running towards me. They all came. My eyes starts to water and I broke down into Sam's arms.

"Shhh Colby, Colby its going to be okay. She is going to fine, she's in there with the doctors who can help her." Sam whispered to me, comforting me as best as he could. I felt a hand rubbing my back while Jake and Corey whispering to each other. I calmed myself down, sat up and breathe in. Sam finally broke the silence and asked what happened.

"She looked so bad Sam....." My voice shaky as I try not to cry. "She was on the floor, bleeding, like a lot. Her face unrecognisable and bruises everywhere." I breathe in and out again to calm myself down so that I won't have a panic attack in front of everyone. "It was Johnny, Sam. It was him. She called me when she heard him knocking at her apartment. Somehow he knew I stayed next door and found her. Fuck.... this is all my fault Sam, I shouldn't have left her alone at home!" I finally let out a scream. I was so frustrated and angry at myself for being so naive. Leaving her home alone was the worst idea ever, I should have brought her with me to the gym, at least then she'll be safe.

"Colby, its not your fault. You wouldn't know that this would happened. How did he even find out you were staying there? He must have had help." Kat implied. I buried my face in my hands and waited. Waiting for anyone to give me news about my baby girl.

It was hours before the nurse came out to share the news about Ana. "Ana Summers?" A nurse called out. I jumped out from my seat followed by everyone else. We gathered around the nurse. "She is going to be alright. She had a few internal injuries, our doctor stitched it all up and sew her back up. She has a broken arm and a rib but that will heal on its own. She will need a few days of rest to recover and she will feel sore from the bruising..." the nurse trailed off. "Her injuries are quite extensive, may I know what happened?" She asked all of us.

"She was attacked and I found her lying down in my apartment, that's when I called you guys....can we go see her now?" I blurted. The nurse nodded and led the way. I followed her quietly into the ICU and saw Ana lying on the bed with a cast on her arm, her face, bruised and darken. I might break down again. I went by her side and held her free hand. "I'm here now, I'm so sorry Ana..." I whispered to her as I kissed her softly on her forehead. The nurse left us, I heard Tara gasped and Kat whimpered out, trying to hold their tears.

We took turn sitting by Ana's side for the next few hours, waiting for her to wake up. I walked back into Ana's ward and sat down, holding her hand again. Sam stood up, was about to leave the room when Ana started to wake up. "Baby girl? I'm here baby..." I whispered to her, making sure she knows I'm here for her. She fluttered her eyes opened, and smiled.