40

Johnny was taking things too far. How did he even know we lived here now? I hugged Colby again by the driveway while watching Sam wash the note off. "Baby, shhh, I'm here.." Colby was still in shock, Sam explained that he thought I was taken.

"This is not safe Ana, how did he get in our driveway? Our gates are closed the whole time." Colby let out, almost whimpering. We walked back into the house and sat on the dining table with Sam and Kat. Corey and Jack got back few hours later and we told them what happened because they were in danger too.

I felt so guilty, bringing in my burden into their lives. Maybe I should leave, just to make sure they were safe. I looked around the room to see everybody worried faces, everyone was worried except Colby. He had this look, as if he was going to kill. It frightened me, I tapped him, causing him to wake up from his daydream. "What you're thinking about babe?" I asked casually, not wanting to look or sound scared.

"Killing him Ana. I don't care what happens to me, but he threatened my family. This just got personal." Colby replied coldly. Sam patting his back, trying to calm him down. Before I could say anything else, I heard a loud bang from the backyard. We all looked at each other, I heard Sam telling Kat and I to stay in the kitchen, with our backs to the wall, making sure we are able to see everything or anyone coming their way.

Colby led the guys out to the backyard. Kat and I stood in the kitchen in what felt forever until we heard a loud thud. Both of us jumped in place, staying still. I felt Kat holding my arm, squeezing tightly as she held her breath. We heard struggles coming from the backyard, things were thrown. Jake was shouting, Corey screaming. It was torture to just stand in one spot and not being able to help. Then we heard the footsteps getting closer. Kat squeeze tighter on my arm and I reached out for a knife nearby and pointed towards the direction of the footsteps.

It got louder and my heartbeat started to beat faster, my breathing gets irregular as panic slowly started to set in. A figure walked through the doorway, I didn't recognise him. He started to walked towards me when I saw Colby sneaking up behind him. "Stay back or else you'll get hurt." I spoke, trying to distract this man from what Colby was about to do. He gave a chuckle and spoke. "Johnny sends his regards doll, he told me to hurt your friends and take you away from them. But I might have my fun with you before handing you out to Johnny." A shiver went through my spine, my hairs stood up from what he just said. I can't believe Johnny would go to this extend to hurt me.

Before the man could say anything else, Colby jumped on him and pushed him to the ground. I told Kat to stay behind me while I defended her with the knife in my hands. Colby got on top of the guy and started to throw his powerful punches. The man was lying down unconscious and I screamed for Colby to stop, eventually, he looked up at me and stop. His knuckles bloodied and raw. He walked towards me and held me tight. "We could interrogate him once he wakes." I told Colby as I returned his hug.

Sam ran in the kitchen and Kat threw herself onto him. They embraced for a while before Sam pulled away seeing what Colby did. "Jesus Colby, what did you do." He stood there in shock, seeing the guy almost unrecognisable on the floor of our dining room. I told Sam that it was okay and Colby stopped before it escalated further. Sam nodded and asked what should he do with the others.

"There are others?! How many?!" Shock took over my body, realising how far Johnny would go to hurt my friends and I. Sam told me that Jake and Corey was tying up three of them in the backyard and asking if we should call the cops. Colby told him to wait on calling the cops, he wanted to ask the leader some questions about Johnny. Colby told me to go up to the room with Kat and locked the door just in case. I saw his face turned stone cold as he pulled the guy from the floor to sit up. Kat pushed me towards the steps and we went up locking ourselves in and waiting.

"Did Colby do this before? Because he looks like he knows what he's doing." I asked Kat stating the facts. Kat bit her lip trying to find the right words to say. "I don't think I should be the one telling you Ana. You need to talk to Colby about this. It's his story to tell." She said before giving me an apologetic look. I nodded, understanding what she meant. If anything, Colby should be the one telling me and not anyone else. We waited for what seemed like forever when we saw police lights passing through the windows and drove into our driveway.

We unlocked the door and went down the steps. We saw Sam talking to the police and the other officers taking custody of all 4 men. The police left and Sam closed the door behind them. He gave out a sigh and walked to the kitchen where Colby still stood.