50

"So, we bought the next ticket out to Florida and stalked him for a week or so before we made any actual plans. We were trying to figure out if there was anyway to get you away from him without violence but I thought that if we didn't get rid of Johnny then, he would continue hurting you and the rest of us." Colby continue the story.

I sat there.... staring into space.. processing whatever Sam just told me. "Wait, you mean he was so dumb that he gave himself away by not having password for his laptop?" That was the first thing that came out from my mouth. Sam nodded, giving a small laugh, trying to hold back his laughter. I cracked up. Colby and Sam looked at each other and laughed with me. We laughed until our stomach hurts.

"Wait so why kill him out there in the open? Why not take your time to take him somewhere private, made sure you guys were not traceable?" I asked them. Looking at Sam then at Colby, both of them had their heads down. "What?" I continued.

"We were listening in one night and heard Johnny over the phone with your dad." Sam hesitantly continued. "Johnny was asking him for more things, threatening your dad that he'd kill you....said that he was sick of you Ana." Sam paused looking at me, tears in his eyes. "We didn't know what to do, we knew we had to act quickly before your dad rejects him or does anything else. We had to get you back."

Colby squeezed my hand. "So we bought a gun, using my fake ID, making sure I was not caught by the security camera. Then Sam broke into his room, find your passport while I distracted Johnny. I knocked on the door and saw him holding a gun out to me, so I shot him before he could shoot me again. It was purely self-defence, even if we get caught."

My mind was racing through what the boys went through just to get me back. "Wait, so if you didn't mind getting caught, why run? And why change the car before going to the airport and why in New York, now?" I blurted out all the questions in my head.

Sam looked at Colby, then looked back at me. "Well, we don't want to get charged for buying the gun illegally, plus your dad does own a law firm Ana.... we're not going to be safe being the court if your dad is involved, which I assume he would. So we took the plane to New York, just to throw them off. Or at least, we could say we took a break here and create an alibi. Colby and I drive here to Florida so they won't know when we left LA exactly. We're taking the train home so you could get back to LA without trace. We're going to make it as difficult as possible for them to point what happened at Johnny back to us."

I stared at Sam, dumbfounded. "Wow Sam. That's pretty smart......" I let out a short breath, still processing everything. "Okay, enough of all this, take the bed Ana. Sam and I will sleep on the couch." Colby instructed, as he tucked me in on the bed and both of them settle on the couch nearby. I closed my eyes, knowing that when I open them again, Sam and Colby will still be here.