46

"Where's my sandwich? What's taking so long slut!" Johnny screamed across the room. I quickly picked up his plate of food, walked over to him and hand it over. He grabbed my waist and pulled me so I landed on his lap. He gave me a sloppy kiss and continued drinking his beer, playing poker with his friends.

I was so shocked when I saw Colby commented on my post in my business Instagram account. I couldn't believe that he was alive after what Johnny did. It seemed so long ago. I had to tell him I was fine too, but I didn't want to risk saying too much in case Johnny finds out. "Alive." I pressed sent and walked out with Johnny's sandwich.

I was back in Florida, Johnny got a house that my dad bought for him as a reward to bringing back. I was back in school, studying law, even though I didn't want to, it helped to occupy my mind. Johnny made sure I was not in contact with my friends in LA, making sure I know he could still pull strings to hurt them. I obeyed everything that Johnny and my dad wanted me to do, accepting my fate. The first week was horrible, not knowing whether Colby was alive or not. Johnny kept checking every notification I had received on my phone and deleting them until it stopped coming.

I had gave up hope because my friends stopped trying to get in contact with me. It was probably for the best, I was the reason Colby was shot and they were terrorise in their own home. It was dull, going to school and Johnny fetching me from school, straight back home or to my dad's office. I was never anywhere along except in school. It was by chance that I had my phone with me when Colby commented on my post.

A flicker of hope lit up within me. My love for Colby has never gone away. His face kept appearing in my dreams, his hands holding me, remembering what his kisses felt like and how much love I was receiving. I remember Kat's laughter, Sam's weird jokes, Jake, Tara and Corey. I missed them so much, my heart ache to be around them again. But I knew I couldn't without hurting them.

Two weeks passed since Colby commented on my post, more than a month I have been away from my home, my heart started to ache even more now, knowing that it was too long since I was around them. They had probably forgotten about me and Colby might have found someone new. I miss Colby.

"Oi. Stop daydreaming and get me another bottle! After that we can take it to the bedroom." I heard Johnny screamed at me, smirking at me. We have been having sex, well he has been using my body to please himself every night. My body was sore from it, I was practically raped but I can't report it to the police because I gave my consent. I walked over to the kitchen to grab a new bottle of beer, when I heard a knock out front. I walked into the hallway and saw Johnny opening the door.

A gunshot echoed out and the next thing I knew, Johnny was lying on the floor, bleeding from his chest. His breathing irregular. I wanted to screamed, scared for my life, but I had nothing to be afraid anymore. My biggest fear was on the floor, dying. I looked up by the door and saw the gun, coming into the house. I froze in my spot, making sure I didn't move. If I were to get shot, might as well get shot properly and die without suffering.

I dropped the bottle of beer, breaking on impact over my toes when I head a familiar voice. "Ana....." the voice call out. My eyes teared and saw a face enter the room. "Colby.." I whispered out, my knees gave way and I felt myself falling. He ran towards me and caught me before I hit the floor surrounded by the broken glass. Colby locked his eyes with mine and smiled with teary eyes as he helped me up.

My hands reached up to touch his face, trying to convince myself this isn't real. Then I felt the warmth against my palm where it reached his face. A teared ran down my face as soon as I realised it was real. "Colby?" He smiled as I said his name. "Colby!" I realised that he was really there in front of me, I threw my hands around his neck, hugging him tightly, inhaling his scent.

"We gotta go brother. The neighbours must have heard the gunshot, cops will be coming anytime now." I heard another voice coming from outside the house. Colby took my hand in his, our fingers intertwined as we ran out of the house, leaving Johnny behind. I saw a car parked in front of the house and Sam running towards the same car in front of us. This can't be happening, this has to be a dream. Was I really being rescued by my friends?