35

I opened my eyes and the sky was so bright. Is this heaven? I heard muffles saying my name. I try to listen carefully and then I heard Colby's voice, it seems so far away, calling out to me. A sudden realisation came over what had happened. I shot my eye open and there I saw Colby's face, looking worried. I mustered a smile and tried to say hello but my throat was dry. I heard clinks on the other side and saw Sam. "Here, drink Ana." He came over and slipped a straw in my mouth. I sipped in some water and feel my throat more relaxed.

"Where....." I tried to speak again, my voice raspy. "Where are we?" I managed to finish. Colby looked so sad and couldn't answer, instead Sam told me that we were in the hospital and I just came out from surgery. I looked down at my body and saw I had a cast on the hand where Colby was holding me. I looked at Colby and smiled. "Hey handsome, thank you for saving me." His eyes got teary and he shook his head, trying to muster a smile too.

"You have never looked so beautiful baby girl, but I didn't save you, I was too late and I'm so sorry.." He spoke before his voice was pitchy. I could tell he was trying not to cry in front of me. I gave him my best smile and told him not to worry about it and it wasn't his fault, because it isn't. Johnny did this and I refuse to let him make Colby feel guilty.

Sam left the both of us alone and said that he'll tell the others I'm awake. I'm so glad I have met friends like them, otherwise I would have been alone in my apartment, dying slowly. As the thought passed through my mind, the phone rang. I looked over by the side table and saw the number. It was Dad. I told Colby to help me pick up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Ana, come home once you're well enough. Otherwise, there will be more to come. This time to your friends." My dad hissed over the phone and then it went silent. I couldn't believe it. My dad was the one behind this?? He worked with Johnny to hurt me and now threatened to hurt my friends? I saw Colby's face turned red, I knew of his anger issues.

"Ana, please, please please please let me find Johnny and kill him." He begged me looked at me dead in the eyes. I know I didn't want violence to ever happen, but with Dad's help, Johnny could find me anywhere. I gave a small nod and saw Colby's expression turned to relief. He gave a gentle hug and a peck on my lips. "I love you Ana, I don't ever want this to happen ever again."

Just then, Tara and Kat burst into the room with tears. Both of them hugged me as gently as they can, followed by Jake and Corey. "Damn Ana, you could have just told me that you didn't want to go to my party, I would have cancelled it for you." Corey joked. I laughed and felt a sore on my rib. Sam explained that I broke one and that I should not laugh that hard yet. I let out a soft giggle, inhaling my pain.

The nurse came in to check on me and told everyone I needed rest. Everyone understood and left the room, leaving me for the night in the hospital. I stayed at the hospital for a few days until they cleared me to go home. I edited in my hospital bed, making sure Sam and Colby still have their YouTube video out at the time set.

Colby told me that I'd have to start packing once we reach home because they were moving out and into "The Trap House" the following day. He, of course, offered to help me pack since I could barely move. We got home and start packing. Colby was a very sentimental person, he literally brought everything with him and did not want to leave anything behind. For me, well, I packed light coming to LA so there wasn't much for me to bring over. I made sure Colby had my camera and laptop in my pack and we're ready to go.

We got into Colby's car and drove off to our new home with me in a cast.