43

"Ana! Are you getting ready?" I heard Kat screamed across the hall. A week has passed since Johnny's last attack, we were all still shaken up but I hit the gym everyday with Colby, building up my strengths and taking boxing lessons. We were getting ready to leave and take a road trip to Cerro Gerdo or Sam would called it, the "Ghost Town".

I took my duffle bag and ran down, making sure the filming equipment was with me. Colby was already in the drivers seat waiting for me, while Kat was about to get in the back with Sam. I loaded my bag in the trunk and sat in front with Colby. I settled down and Colby gave me a quick kiss before asking everyone if they are ready.

We sang to the music and danced during the road trip. It was the most fun I ever had during work. I filmed a few shots in the car so I had a few shots of the travel of the trip in the video. Sam told Kat to take over driving so that Colby could sit in the back with him and I could film the introduction. Colby pulled over and switched seats with Kat. We filmed the introduction in the car and Sam told the backstory about Cerro Gerdo, saying that they might want to do some treasure hunting while there were there. I filmed the entire trip and worked alongside Sam on getting the shots I need to make the edits.

We drove back the next night, all tired. It was Sam's turn to drive while Kat and I sat in the back. I started to edit a few things on my laptop while Kat feel asleep on my shoulders. Kat and I have definitely grown closer, especially after moving in together with the boys. Almost two months have passed since I moved to LA and so many things have happened since. I focused on the screen in front of me, laughing at how silly Colby was in these videos then I heard Sam chuckled. "Ana, do you ever rest?" He whispered so as to not wake Kat.

I shrugged and gave him a giggle and continued working on the editing. I made the thumbnail and showed Colby for approval. His laughed told me everything and used the picture as the thumbnail. Once we reach the house, I was already halfway editing the videos. I wanted to split the video into a few parts, so we can keep most of the things we filmed and not cut too much. Of course this decision was approved by my bosses, Sam and Colby.

Colby asked if I wanted to hit the gym before washing up since it was still early in the night. I agreed and got myself changed for the gym. I wore just a sport bra and some yoga pants, tied up my shoes and was ready to walk out with Colby when I heard a loud bang. I sprinted across the hallway, down the stairs too see what was the noise.

Fear crept to my head when I saw a hooded figure standing by the doorway of our main entrance holding a gun. I see the direction of where he pointed at and saw Colby, crouching down. I wanted to run to him, to see where he was hurt but my body didn't allow me to move. I told myself I would get stronger, strong enough to face Johnny, but with a gun? Holy fuck. I heard Colby groaned in pain and that was when I started moving.

I ran past the hooded figure, ignoring him and ran towards Colby. He was bleeding and needed the ambulance quick. My eyes started to fill with tears. I saw Sam and Kat running out of their bedroom and running towards us. With my back facing the stranger at the door, I signalled them to not move and call the police without the hooded figure seeing my actions. "What do you want! Johnny, I swear if its you, I will ki-." I shouted across the hallway, glaring at the man by the door.

Before I could finish my sentence, the man took his hood down. His face showing the warm light of the house, he smirking at me, at how terrified I was. Johnny stood there, with a gun in his hand, pointing it towards me. "FUCK YOU JOHNNY! Fucking coward. Using a gun now?!" I screamed at him, standing in front of Colby protecting him. Colby groaned as he place pressure on his stomach, trying to stop the bleeding. I needed to get him on an ambulance. Praying to whatever being out there that Sam and Kat got my hint to save Colby, I can't bear the thoughts of losing him, not like this.

"What are you going to do Ana? You're going to kill me? You can fucking try but you better kill me or else I will kill all your other friends who lives here." Johnny taunted me. I stepped forward but felt a hand around my ankle, stopping me from moving. I saw Colby, gripping hard. "Don't.....Ana.... he'll kill and me either way..." Colby let out, trying to catch his breath, he was now lying down, with his other hand on his stomach. I looked down to him, my heart broke seeing Colby on the floor, on the verge of dying.

"Come with me Ana and I won't finish him. I will even let you call the ambulance but you have to come with me." Johnny state the conditions. I glared at him, thinking of what to do. Should I leave Colby in order to safe him or stay and risk Johnny killing the both of us and the rest.

I agree to Johnny's term and pull Colby's hand away from my ankle. "I'm sorry Colby, I have to, its the only for you to be alive." I whispered down to him as I said goodbye. "I love you so much." I gave him a kiss on the cheek, as tears were streaming down my face, falling onto his. He wanted to say something but nothing came out, he was gasping for air. I started to panic and I wanted to stay but Johnny was pulling me aside. I followed him to his car and called the ambulance. We waited in the car until the ambulance reached and Johnny drove us away.

I looked back at the house through the rear view mirror, tears still falling down my face. "Baby, you're finally coming home to me. Your dad will be so happy." Johnny exclaimed. "Stop crying or I'm going to make sure you can't walk tomorrow." It took everything in me to stop crying and looked straight ahead, forgetting my life here in LA.