21

*Colby's POV*

Who was this Johnny guy? Why did she looks so afraid reading that text. I need to know, seeing her cry does not make me happy and I worry for her. We sat on the coach and I stared at her, patiently waiting for her to start. I pushed aside a loose strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled at her, assuring her that I am here for her.

She sighed and words came out from her beautiful lips. "So.. Johnny is my ex-boyfriend. He was the last guy I saw before I met you..." she trailed off. "He was the love of my life, or so I thought. He was kind to me when we first started talking but after a while of being together, I found out that he was a violent person. Not towards other people, but to me....." tears filled her eyes. I grabbed a box of tissue and handed it over to her. "You mean he abused you?" I asked her, dumbfounded as to how someone could do that to such an amazing human. She nodded and cried more.

I grabbed her by the waist and hold her close. I brush through her hair making sure she calms down before continuing. "It got so bad that if I were to have a conversation with another guy from class, he would beat me in private, calling me a slut and then have sex with me afterwards to "apologise". I felt used and manipulated. I couldn't have friends because he always kept me by his side and not allowing me to explore. I was so young stupid following him around." She paused to take a breather. My hands still around her, holding her as close as I can. My heart beat so fast I thought it was going to burst. I wanted to find this guy and beat him up before he could enter Ana's life again.

"One day, I caught him and Sally in bed together, naked so I walked out." I looked at her confused. "Who is Sally?" I asked her before she goes on further. "She was my best friend from middle school..... she betrayed me and slept with my boyfriend. When I walked away, Johnny chased after me down and slapped me across the face. I tried to fight back because I knew that it wasn't my fault, but he kept pressing that it was my fault, saying how I didn't do enough in bed and that was why he had to find some other methods of release. When I tried to walk away, he kept pulling me back and punching me, making sure I couldn't walk away anymore." She broke down shivering. I hugged her so tight and tried my best to calm her. "Shhhh baby girl, he's not here to hurt you anymore. I promise I will not let him hurt you anymore." I assured her and meant what I said. I promise you Ana, I will never let him touch you ever again.

She cried for a while before calming down. "When I bought the ticket here, I didn't tell anyone, not even Dad. I was afraid Johnny would find out and come after me. I left without saying anything to him or Sally. And then I met you and now I'm afraid he's going to find me Colby." She trailed off, her eyes screams panic.

"Look, he is not going to hurt you again baby girl. Don't worry, I know how to deal with guys like him. You're going to be safe with me baby, I promise." I reassured her again rubbing her back. I pulled her chin towards me and kissed her forehead to seal my promise. She gave a small smile before burying herself to my chest. We sat like that for a while before we got up. I left her apartment to shower over at my place and came back almost immediately not wanting to leave her alone too long.

I waited for her on the kitchen counter. When I heard the showers turned off, I looked over at the bathroom door. She walked out with just a towel and gave me a smile. I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful almost naked body remembering how amazing last night was. I bit my lip and watched her walked into the closet. I checked my phone to see Sam had called me earlier. I dialed him back. "Yo Sam, what's up?"

Sam reminded me I had a meeting with Clarissa to properly plan our upcoming 25x25 experience for lunch. I told him that I will be bringing Ana since she will be joining us with these trips to film and edit. He agreed and hanged up. "Hey babe, what are we doing today?" Ana came up to me and gave me a quick kiss before pulling away to dry her hair with the towel.

"With you looking this good, I want to stay in bed all day." I said while I pulled her towards me to give her a kiss. She smiled and gave me a wink. My heart melted. "I have a meeting.. well we have a meeting with Clarissa about the 25x25 trips. I thought I'd bring you along since you'd be joining us. We still have a couple hours before we have to go over. Do you want to do anything while waiting?"

She smiled and took out her camera. Of course she wants to take some pictures. I grabbed her hand once she's ready and walked her out the door.