24

*Colby's POV*

I tried to punch Johnny again but he dodged and pushed past me to reach Ana. My eyes widen when I saw Ana on the floor, bleeding. Our eyes met and I saw the fear in her eyes. I could feel my breathing speed up. I hope she managed to call Sam, I knew once I start beating him I will not be able to stop without Sam's help. My anger was out of control and I grabbed him by his collar and pull him away from Ana. I must have been punching him a while, I heard Ana trying to mumble something and then I heard Sam's voice.

I looked up to see Sam's calm features pulling me away from Johnny. "Colby you need to breathe. She's looking brother, stop this." Sam muttered, holding my chest, his back facing Ana. I looked him dead in the eyes and nodded. I controlled my breathing and hold my ground. Johnny stood up and starts laughing. He threatened to kill me and start walking towards Ana. I stepped forward to stop him but Sam was pulling me back. I saw Kat stepped forward to protect Ana and Johnny ignored her. He went down the lift and Ana started crying.

I never wanted Ana to see that side of me, especially after what she has gone through with Johnny. I apologised to Ana and pulled her head to look at me. Her eyebrow was bleeding so much from the deep cut Johnny gave her. I wiped the blood leaking down her face and Kat suggested we should go to the hospital. Ana looked so broken. Sam drove us to the hospital.

When we reached, we were separated. I went to head CT then to a room where the nurse gave me stitches for the cuts on my face. I was anxious to see Ana. Sam was with her while Kat was with me, I insisted to have Sam to be with Ana just in case Johnny found her again, then at least Sam could protect her. Sam agreed without hesitation. That was why I love him. My brother Sam, I love him with all my heart.

"You okay Colby?" Kat asked. "Yeah, thanks Kat. I'm sorry you had to see that again and I'm sorry that I asked Sam to be with Ana instead." Kat shook her head and told me I needed to stop apologising. "Sam would have been with Ana without you asking anyways. He knows you too well." Kat said smiling. I'm so glad Sam found someone who understands his heart and our relationship with each other. I care so much for Sam and I wouldn't let anything happen to Kat either if the table was reversed.

I nodded and looked down. The doctor cleared me from any concussion and told me that I could leave. I called Sam to check on Ana's condition and he told me that they were already waiting in the waiting room. I walked out and saw Ana sitting down with a cup of hot drink. I smiled at Sam hugging him. "I'm glad you're okay brother. Mind telling us what happened?" Sam asked. Ana practically jumped when she saw me and hugged me.

"Hey there. I'm fine baby girl. Can I tell Sam and Kat what's going on?" I studied Ana's face. She nodded. "Yeah, but can we go somewhere else?" She asked softly. "Of course, okay guys, lets take this back home. Ana you're staying with me tonight, no excuses. I'm not going to leave alone after what happened." I responded. All of us walked towards the car and Sam drove us home.

I walked out of the lift first, with Ana closely behind me, scanning for any signs of Johnny still being here. When I noticed that the coast was cleared, I held Ana's hand and walked with her to my apartment. Sam and Kat got comfortable and I told Ana to take a shower. She nodded and went to the washroom.

I looked over to my friends and told them everything Ana told me about Johnny while she was still in the shower. Kat started to tear up and Sam was patting me on the back. "It's fine Colby, you know we can handle this, we always do." Sam started. I nodded and looked at my knuckles. I got blood on a my rings and my knuckles were raw. I took off my rings and washed my hands. I heard the shower turned off and saw the door opened slightly.

I saw Ana signalling me to go over. I walked over to hear what she needed. "Colby. I don't have clothes to wear." She blushed. "Right, hold on baby girl." I walked to my closet, grab a hoodie and shorts for Ana. I passed her the clothes and she thanked me. A few moments later, she stepped out, she looked so cute with my hoodie on and the shorts hidden under the oversized hoodie.

She went to sit by Kat and she gave Ana a big hug. "I'm sorry you had to experience that with whoever that guy was Ana. Colby told us everything. I promise we wont tell anyone." Kat reassured her. She looked so sad, I felt my anger build up inside me and my breathing became irregular.

"Brother, please calm down, he's not here now. You need to be with her." Sam said. He was right, I need to cool it, control the anger Colby, before you hurt yourself. I managed to get a hold of my breathing, I opened my eyes and saw Ana's looking right at me. She stood up and gave me a hug. I leaned my chin on her head and smiled. "Okay, we'll get going and leave you two. See you tomorrow brother." Sam and Kat waved goodbye and left my apartment.