Once Upon A Dream

Sometimes Phoenix would think back on her Name Day – flying with Orion and alongside an actual dragon would be an experience she would never forget.

Chasing the wind in the night sky together with Eiriell and Liona – that was something else entirely.

Phoenix had to focus back on reality.

The crescendo of the orchestra erupted through what was usually the Dining Hall but transformed into a proper ballroom. The students all dressed properly and primly in their uniforms. The noble birthed ones were confidently taking the floor with a ball room step, while Galen looked on sheepishly at the crowd, murmuring something about how he should've learned a step when he had the time.

The end of the academic year was usually marked by the Student Ball.

Fredrick danced with Natasha in his arms, Phoenix noticed the two spending more time together after her Name Day, but chose not to pick or tease at it.

She wanted to give the two time and she knew Fredrick had what Natasha need and deserved in spades. Fredrick could be calm and sturdy like the earth itself.

Phoenix wanted to fly high on her own wings until all that was left were the stars and heaven.

And Natasha was much more down to earth.

There were some murmurings amongst the students, Ryosuke had gone against some customs. One of which is where the Royal Prince would ask the Princess to dance first.

First the Beastman Prince lived up to his unpredictability, he muttered an apology to Reina and strode to the crowd where Kieara was. He boldly asked for her hand, and together the two stepped gracefully across the dance floor. The girls gossiped excitedly at the romantic notion while the guys paled since they wouldn't stand a chance to dance with the blond firecracker.

Ike would step in gracefully and take Reina to dance, the Princess had a smile on her face when Ike did. Phoenix couldn't help but suspect that Reina preferred Ike. Not to say that Ryosuke and Reina had a tense relationship.

That was Rollin, instead.

The Crown Prince of Brilux had properly asked Eiriell for a dance and since then, the two have twirled about. A few of Rollin's friends would cut in for a few moments before passing Eiriell back to Rollin.

Phoenix remembered Eiriell's thirteenth Name Day.

How badly Phoenix teased Eiriell for bruising the human child's toes on the ballroom floor.

"Dance with me." Kieara suddenly appeared and dragged Phoenix to the dance floor.

Phoenix stumbled the first step from how sudden it was, but easily got into a groove.

"Where's Ryo?" Phoenix looked around.

Kieara giggled slightly, she had to look up slightly to catch Phoenix's gaze, "He's being polite, but I didn't want to wait around before some creep awkwardly asked me."

"What about Theo or Tsuuki and the guys?" Phoenix was polite and didn't stretch her neck around.

Always look at your partner.

"By the gods, you're so you." Kieara giggled, she rested her blond head and followed Phoenix until she stopped laughing. "Theo is dancing with Art, Tsuuki and the boys are a bit busy working through the line of women that want to dance."

Phoenix raised a brow, "I didn't realize they were so popular."

"The wild types always are, it just doesn't help that most of the girls are prude here." Kieara rolled her eyes.