The Gryphon Monarch

Elnaril Elatoris had taken a winged escort with her granddaughter to Brilux.

This was their final bid to find a compromise, the goal being to have Tetran pull back the forces they had station within Aethel.

The leverage they had going was the bid for peace in addition to the enchanted stones that were abundant within the Werenluna and rare beast and monster material and cores. These things were in much higher demand with Kal Darom no longer providing these things to Tetran.

Eiriell walked with a thin saber and her wand at her side this time, she wasn't dressed in the flowing dresses and gown that was customary for her to wear, but rather a royal military uniform of Eostrun's colors in white, gold, and green. Her hair had been brought up and braided at her temple was her most prized possession – a gryphon feather with a blue beaded gem at its stem.

Elnaril felt a surge within her chest – Eiriell looked the part of a magnificent Gryphon Monarch who soared the sky unmatched. Her saber had inscribed at its base the mark of a gryphon in flight.

The mark that Phoenix bore after receiving Lionheart's blessing.

At her front left was Eiriell's most prized possession, a hunting knife with a foot long blade that had a bone grip.

Elnaril would see her granddaughter some nights while sitting outside, flipping the handle about in a way reminiscent of that small human child with blue eyes like the heaven's above.

Elnaril was dressed in a similar garb, wearing the royal military uniform with just a sword at her side. Strapped to her left arm was a white elm wand whose branch to make it came from the same ancient tree to make her son's and her granddaughter's.

Folmer led the winged-beast procession. In addition to the gryphon escort, they brought with them a squadron of the Elven Pegasus Knights and their Wyvern Scouts.

They were a sight to behold when the small army of sixty touched down.

It truly painted the comparison between Brilux's own forces and merely a fraction of Eostrun's.

"Elnaril, it has been some time." Jerrick regarded the ancient elf, she had just relinquished the throne to her sone when Jerrick was but a boy and his Royal Father was the reigning King of Tetran. "Time has barely touched you."

"Jerrick, I'm happy to see you are well." Elnaril regarded.

"Your clothing is befitting of such a storied former King." Rollin bowed, he was dressed in his regular royal drab that Eiriell had seen him in last time. The frock coat in the dark blue and his well pressed trousers a bright white for Tetran's colors. His grey eyes looked over to Eiriell, "And you look magnificent too, Eiriell." He lingered a bit on her but averted his gaze when Elnaril's eyes slid over to him.

Elnaril went straight to business, discussing the issues at the border between their two countries, highlighting the issues that seemed to be the most prevalent on their side of the Narrows, and then plainly stating how displeased King Ailduin was to King Jerrick for allowing the Tetran Army to set up station in Aethel.

King Jerrick proceeded to go off listing his own points, the group stood in the Royal Chambers with a human council representative.

Eiriell stood patiently before the throne with her grandsire, listening intently to the King's explanation for the state of relations.

She didn't notice Rollin coming closer to her.

"It's a bit of bore to listen to old people talk, don't you think?" His whisper sent a chill down Eiriell's spine, she stepped closer to Elnaril. Her grandsire noticing the Prince next to Eiriell.