chapter 7

I felt like vomiting right now. And also crying. The latter, I had no fucking clue why. It's not like I thought I was about to dive into a relationship with Hayden or anything. It's like I kept fucking reminding him, we knew nothing about each other.

Maybe I was more sad by the fact that when I finally put myself out there I just got slammed down. There was a reason that I didn't spend time dating and looking for relationships. What I'd told Harley was still true though. The biggest reason I stayed away from that whole scene was because I'd never met anyone since my ex boyfriend that I'd liked enough to give it a try, but I was also scared.

Scared of a repeat of what I'd gone through with my ex.

And so far, Hayden was giving me a reason to be scared. I liked him enough that I dressed up for a stupid party, introduced myself to his friends, danced with him and given him information about myself that I usually didn't let up that easily.

And here I was looking like an idiot for not even thinking that Hayden already had a life and routine, and that I had made expectations of him when I had no right to.

Tears stung my eyes, but I forced them back. I would never be this emotional sober. And I could take back what little control I had over myself and not cry right now. There wasn't any real reason to cry anyway. Hayden was just some guy I've known for less than three weeks.

I reached a staircase, and I stumbled my way up them. It was a hell of a lot less busy up here, with only a few couples making out against the walls, and no music. I was thankful for the little bit of quiet that it gave me. I started twisting door handles, trying to find a bathroom. There had to be one up here.

Most doors were locked close, and I was about to lose hope at finding a bathroom when I finally reached the door at the end of the hallway, and sighed out a breath of release when the door swung open, revealing a bathroom.

I looked around the bathroom and quickly got the impression that I was not supposed to be here. Toiletries scattered the sink and counter, and there were some clothes piling out of what I imagined was a laundry basket.

I thought about leaving but quickly disregarded the thought as bile rose at the back of my throat. I sank to my knees in front of the toilet, and let my body heave up all the alcohol I had consumed in the past hours.

I felt someone pull my hair out of my face, but I didn't bother looking as I continued to gag. This was by far the worst part about drinking. I squeezed my eyes shut, but the spinning only got worse so I forced them open, trying not to not vomit again, from the smell alone.

I stayed curled over the toilet, until my breathing calmed and I sat back flushing it.

A glass of water was shoved into my hand and I looked up to see Hayden standing over me. I immediately averted my gaze and busied myself with drinking the water. When I finished with the first cup, he refilled it and watched as I drank the next, giving me a third cup.

I handed him back the cup, after finishing it, and leaned my back against the wall, pulling my knees to my chest and rested my forehead against them. I heard Hayden sigh, and felt as he slid down the wall to sit next to me.

"Please go away," I murmured so quietly I didn't think he would have heard.

"No," he said quietly but sternly.

"Just go ok? I'm not interested." I had no energy to argue right now. What I really wanted was for Harley to come find me, take me home and cuddle me until I fell asleep.

"Why not?" he sounded irritated, "I think I deserve a bit more of an explanation here. You were dancing with me one minute, then purposely making out with some fuckwit the next. Not to mention the fact that Harley just walked up to me and slapped the fuck out of me."