chapter 30

It was Cami's birthday dinner tonight. It was starting at six o'clock and Hayden was coming around in a few minutes to pick me up.

I'd spent the last couple of hours getting ready. I showered, shaved, dried my hair, curled my hair and did my makeup.

With Harley and Ophelia's help of course. I'd concealed my under eyes, done some light eyeshadow and eyeliner, and a nice neutral lipstick so I didn't detract from the stunning dress.

The dress wouldn't be able to be worn with a bra, so I used some boob tape to hold them up. For shoes, I settled on some cute lilac coloured heels that I borrowed from Harley. They complimented that royal blue shade of the dress.

By the time that Hayden was knocking on the door I was frantically rushing around trying to find my purse and do last minute touch ups to my hair which was already losing most of the curls I'd spent so long doing.

"Violet!" Harley yelled from the main room, "you're going to be late. Get your ass out here."

I sighed, giving myself one last look in the mirror before racing out of my room. The front door was opened and Hayden was standing in the frame dressed in a black suit. And oh lord he was stunning.

His hair looked brushed, but as I walked into view he ran a hand through his hair, messing it up. The whiteness of his shirt was a shocking contrast to the gold of his skin. His black jacket was on, but even through that I could make out his toned body. My mouth watered. Suits were probably my favourite thing Hayden wore. Only second to when he wore nothing.

When he saw me his eyes travelled from my face then down the length of me before meeting my eyes. His eyes were wide and a smile was slowly curling his full lips, "hello beautiful."

I blushed, "hello gorgeous," I mocked even though I completely meant it.

He laughed and pulled me into an embrace gently kissing my mouth.

Harley and Ophelia sighed and Hayden raised his head to smile at them.

Ophelia raised her brows, "no quickies in the bathroom alright? I did not spend an hour on that makeup for it to be ruined."

Hayden laughed, "so if I don't touch her face can we still have a quickie?"

My mouth dropped and I whacked him on the arm.

Harley gave us a wistful sigh, "god I wish I was going with you guys."

My smile faded a bit. Harley had been trying to make it up to Aiden but he was still pissed. Harley would have probably been his plus one if he'd forgiven her by now, but he hadn't, which meant that she wouldn't be going.

But since Aiden, Zack and Ty were all friends of Cami's, they were invited to the party. I was pretty sure Harley was experiencing some FOMO. Probably more so since she also wasn't invited to Cami's actual party. I felt bad and had promised to try to talk to Aiden about at least hearing what Harley had to say.

"I know," I said, "but just think about how lame it will be eating dinner with all these snobby rich people. You wouldn't even be able to get drunk."

Harley laughed, "true. Send me photos ok?"

I nodded and gave her and Lia a quick hug before leaving with Hayden. He held his elbow out to me so I could link my arm through his as we descended the steps.

"You really do look stunning," he said.

"You flirt," I smiled.

We reached the door into the building and he held it open for me, brushing his hand against my bare back as I walked through, "it hasn't escaped my notice either that you aren't wearing a bra."