chapter 11

Hayden's POV

I pulled back to look at her as she slept. Her face was so peaceful in sleep. Not plagued by the usual demons that hid behind those dazzling eyes of hers.

She thought she hid it well, her pain, but I knew it was there. I knew it was what held her back from me.

But she was funny and brilliant and beautiful and I'll be damned if I ever let her go. Which is why she stood absolutely no chance against me.

She said we were only friends, but that was bullshit and she knew it as well as I did. But she was afraid. Afraid of her feelings for me, and afraid of what might happen if she gave into them.

But right now I could pretend we were just friends. I'd let her set the pace. For now.

Because I wanted her. Wanted that pretty smile and laugh of hers, and that stunning body that she hid so well underneath those clothes. But above everything else, I wanted the happiness I felt when I was around her. When I heard her speak and tell me things about herself. She was a lot more than just a pretty face. She was smart and confident and passionate and strong.

Strong enough to make creepy men who try to hit on her piss their pants in fear.

God. I was in way over my head with her.

I knew things were moving fast, and it did scare me a bit.

But like I said, I wanted her. In every way possible. As a friend and soon, more than a friend.

I smiled to myself as I studied her perfect face again. Violet had another thing coming because more often than not, I always get what I want. And right now, all I could think about was how I can make her mine.