Trip to the station

The Next Morning

Izuku wakes up with Aizawa still in the bed next to him, he was surprised he stayed with him all night. Not wanting to wake Aizawa, he tries to escape the bed by rolling off the side slowly. Unfortunately, he moved too much and woke up Aizawa.

"Izuku, you look better. How'd you sleep?" Aizawa says, opening his eyes to see the green-haired boy.

"I-i slept well, thank you f-for staying."

"I'd do it again in a heartbeat," Aizawa says, getting up, ruffling Izuku's hair. "Mic stayed all night too, but he got up to make us some breakfast. You hungry?"

"Oh cool... y-yeah I'm hungry."

They both head downstairs and see Yamada plating some food, wearing a similar but not the same apron as Aizawa did last night. It was a yellow apron with black cats on it. It was cute. They sit down at the table and start to eat breakfast while chit-chatting.

"Hey Izuku, the police wanted to talk with us today, are you up for that? We can reschedule if you're not." Yamada says, watching Izuku for a reaction.

"I-i can do it. I w-want to get it over with, so today would work." Izuku says looking up from their pancakes.

"Alright then, we'll head there after we get ready." Yamada says, smiling at Izuku. They all finish eating and they go get changed.

Aizawa gets done first, he is wearing black jeans and a navy blue shirt with a black bomber jacket. He still adorns his scarf, he never leaves his capture weapon behind. He put his hair in a half up half down ponytail. (like at the press conference). 

Yamada heads down with Izuku. Yamada is wearing blue jeans, an olive green shirt, and a black leather jacket. His hair is pulled in a messy bun, he's off duty so he has no hero gear on him. He also usually always wears hearing aids to help his deafness but he doesn't like to wear them at home because it makes everyone sound like robots, he is also very good at lip-reading and because of his quirk he can sense vibrations in a 20ish feet radius around him.

 Izuku follows behind and is wearing blue jeans, a light pink pastel shirt, and an army green bomber jacket. His hair is as messy as ever. They head outside to the car. Aizawa starts the car and they drive to the police station. 

They arrive and exit the car. As Izuku looks up at the station he nervously grabs the sleeves on his jacket. Aizawa notices and reaches to take his hand. Izuku looks at the hand and looks up at Aizawa.

"Just breathe. I'll be here the whole time."

"O-okay" Izuku says, taking his hand feeling childish but the warmth of his words and holding Aizawa's hand makes him feel safe. He has never truly felt safe before and he doesn't want to let go of that feeling. They head into the station and are directed to a private waiting room.

A police officer enters and says, "Izuku Midoriya, we are ready for you." Izuku stands up and heads towards her with Aizawa in toe.

"Is it alright if I come, I'm currently taking care of Izuku and I want to make sure he's okay," Aizawa says to the officer.

She glares at him trying to read his intention, then she sighs, smiles, and says, "Sure, it won't be a problem, I'll just need you to sign this saying you're Izuku's guardian. This isn't binding, it just applies for a week but you will legally be his guardian, meaning you're allowed to come in with us."

"Yeah, I'll sign," Aizawa says, taking a pen and quickly signing the document, looking it once over to make sure... ya know.

Aizawa follows Izuku, still holding his hand because as much as Aizawa would hate to admit it he's worried, really worried. He doesn't let this boy go, in fear he'll slip away and be lost forever. 

He will protect him, he will save him, he will find the light in this boy and make his whole world better. Aizawa loves Yamada but he loves Izuku like a son and that parental instinct to protect what you love, to protect your child is a siren going off in his head.

They take a seat in another room, nothing on the walls, it looks more like an interrogation room than a statement room, but police are usually underpaid because of how important heroes are, so they probably use this room for everything.

"I will be recording this." The officer says, setting down a recorder on the table. "I'm just going to ask you some questions about what happened yesterday, and you can take your time when answering." 

Izuku is staring at his lap where his hands lay. One hand is holding Aizawa's. Aizawa lightly squeezes his hand and Izuku looks up, nods, and says, "o-okay."

"Alright, let's start easy. What did you do before the incident?"