Uneasy Hearts

At the same time with the fathers

Aizawa and Yamada were both grading papers then an ominous feeling washes over them. It's like on instinct, something was wrong.

"Hey, babe... I'm worried about Izu... I just-- it's the first time he's been alone since ya know." Aizawa says looking up from his stack of papers.

"Yeah, I have the same feeling. Do you know who he hangs out with? Maybe we could text them and ask them to check on him?"

"That's a good idea... um let's see, he usually hangs out with Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki, and Asui. I'll make a group chat"

Texting described as /...\

Aizawa-- /Hey students, are you all Izuku's friends?\

Uraraka, Asui, and Iida are online

Uraraka-- /Yes, Sensei we are! Why?\

Asui-- /What's up sensei?\

Aizawa-- /Well, we were worried about Izuku. Could someone please check up on him?\

Iida-- /Yes sensei, we will\

Todoroki is online

Todoroki-- /I'm with him now. He's doing better.\

Uraraka-- /What do you mean? Better?\

Todoroki-- /Well he was hungry and I brought him some food.\

Uraraka-- /oh ok\

In private chat

Todoroki-- /Mr. Aizawa... He had a panic attack and cut himself but I came in and calmed him down. He's doing fine now. He said thoughts kept coming. He also said you would leave him if he cut again, I reassured him that you wouldn't and that he could talk to me if he ever had these thoughts again.\

Aizawa-- /Thank you for telling me Todoroki, you are a good friend. I appreciate you looking after Izuku.\

Todoroki-- /It's no problem sensei, I've dealt with some of what he's going through so I think I can help. If that's okay with you.\

Aizawa-- /Sure Todoroki, I trust you.\

Todoroki-- /Thank you, sir.\

Aizawa-- /But Todoroki, Don't. Try. Anything. Got it?\

Todoroki-- /YES SIR!\

Out of chat

"Heh, he has good friends..." Aizawa says putting down his phone.

"How is he?" Yamada inquests.

"Well he had a panic attack and started to cut but it seems he's doing better now."

"Who checked on him?"

"Todoroki, he had already claimed Izu down and helped him before I even texted. He apparently got him dinner too."

"Oooooo~ Todoroki huh... I could see that." Yamada says connecting theories

"What are you talking about?"

"I think Todoroki likes Zuzu."

"Oh no... Mic don't--"

"I'm JUST saying! He was already there, he calmed him down, brought dinner, and is probably staying to make sure he's okay!"

"--Tch-- He better not do anything, If he does he has another thing coming."

"Hun... He's just a kid, leave him be, he's sweet."

"Yeah sure... Just a kid that'll be expelled... no one is good enough for Izu."

"Oh no..." Yamada sighs, looking at his husband planning a child's expulsion or murder... it's hard to tell between the two.

Back with the boys

Todoroki puts his phone in his pocket and brings the basket over to the small table in the middle of Izuku's room.

"So how are you feeling?" Todoroki says, sitting down.

"Umm Okay, I feel a little dizzy."

"Here eat something that'll help, you didn't lose that much blood so you should be okay."

"T-thank you Todoroki."

"It's no problem M-- Izuku. Umm well while we eat, why don't we talk about anything you want."

"Ah O-okay, H-how was your day?"

"Honestly, pretty shitty. My dad keeps calling me to do more training at home, which I really don't want to do but other than that it was okay."

"Yeah, your dad does suck."

"Haha yeah. I am happy that I can hang out with you."

"R-really?"

"Yeah, of course, you're my best friend Izuku."

"Hehe and your mine Todoroki." They sat and ate in silence for a second just in comfortable silence.

"So, Izuku, how was your day?"

"Umm I-i guess you c-could say it was okay. I-i liked having lunch with dad and papa."

"I was wondering where you were at lunch. Why'd you choose to eat with your dads?"

"W-well I-i was... I guess I'm a-afraid of being in b-big crowds, it just makes me anxious. A-and I thought I-i might c-cut at lunch if I was alone."

"Izuku, you know you can just ask and I'll be by your side no matter what. If you want I can keep an eye on you. If you feel anxious or if you feel like doing that again you can come to me and I'll help you through it. Alright."

"O-okay thank you Todoroki."

"Izuku, you can call me Shoto." Todoroki says, looking to the side, blushing slightly. They eat and make small talk. 

Shoto makes Izuku laugh and smiles more than he has in a while. It got late and Todoroki left, they said their goodbyes but Todoroki stopped the door before it closed looking back to Izuku.

"Hey, wait... If you have a nightmare or feel bad tonight or whatever, you can come to my room or just call me and I'll be there. Also, don't ever think you're being a burden alright, I want to help and no matter how many times you convince yourself that you are being a burden, we, your family, and friends will never ever see you like that. So I will be there no matter what. Well, Goodnight Izuku."

"O-oh... g-goodnight Shoto."

That Night Izuku had restless sleep, he awoke in a cold seat at about 1:00am. He calmed his breathing but he couldn't go back to sleep. 

He contemplated what Shoto had said... so he got up and made his way over to the two-toned boys' room, and quietly knocked on the door. He immediately heard shuffling and soon Shoto opened the door with a calm smile.

"Had trouble sleeping?" Todoroki said softly.

"Y-yeah kinda." Izuku rubbed the back of his neck.

"Come on in." Todoroki waved Izuku inside and led him to the bed. "You sleep here, I'll watch over you okay."

"W-wait... what a-about you? W-we both can sleep on the bed."

"Only if you're comfortable."

"I am."

"Alright then." They both lay down, Todoroki on his back, while Izuku laid on his side.

"S-Shoto..."

"Hum.."

"C-can we c-cuddle... I usually do it after a nightmare. I-it's o-okay if--"

Todoroki silently moves to wrap Izuku with his arms. Izuku curls into the embrace and the weight in his chest feels lighter. 

Both boys fall asleep, no night terrors find either as they drift into calm dreams.