Small Talks

Bakugou knocked on the door and waited for a response. Izuku was doing homework, he sat wondering who was at his door and if he should go see who it was. After the second round of knocks he got up to answer and out of everyone he'd expected to be there... he did not expect this.

"Ka-- I mean Bakugou, what are you doing here?" Izuku said while Bakugou was shocked at the use of his real name.

"Umm C-can I come in De-- Izuku?" Izuku was more shocked about his calm demeanor than the use of his actual name.

"Oh y-yeah."

"Thanks..." Bakugou enters and takes a seat on Izuku's bed. "So I just wanted to --he takes a deep breath-- apologize. I should have done this sooner, I-i know what I did to you was wrong, yet I never apologized. Izuku I-i'm sorry... I'm so sorry. You did nothing to deserve that treatment. I know you probab--" Bakugou felt Izuku's arms around him and felt Izuku's tears on his shoulder. "What- wait, why are you crying... D-did I do something wrong?? Izu--"

"I forgive you, I did a while ago. B-but what happened, what changed? W-why now? Wh-what did you do with Kacchan-- oh sorry I mean Bakugou"

"Izuku... it's fine, I don't mind that nickname. And well I got a therapist and it really helped and I've realized some things about my childhood and some things about my behavior. So I'm trying to change... I'm not that good at it yet but I'm trying... So yeah."

"Well thank you."

"Yeah-- can we be f-friends again?"

"Of course! I'd like that very much."

"Thank you Izuku... C-can I give you a nickname?"

"S-sure Kacchan"

"Umm I think Inazu." (Inazu taken from Inazuma meaning lightning in Japanese)

"That's awesome!!! I love it!" Izuku's eyes sparkled. They sit there for a minute and then Bakugou speaks.

"Well I'm going to go, I still have that homework assignment to do."

"Alright, see you tomorrow Kacchan."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow Inazu," Bakugou says as he exits, which is swiftly closed by Izuku. Izuku then slides down the side of the door, overwhelmed with all the emotions he was feeling. 

That's when the voices started to chant and Izuku burst into tears. His mind was filled with bad thoughts, he tried to push them down but it wasn't working.

"He's better than you. You know it! You're just useless... A Brat that's a crybaby, stupid, waste of space!" The voice called louder. Izuku rushes to his bed and reaches under the mattress to grab a razor.

Bakugou leaves Izuku's room rubbing his red eyes. He heads back to his dorm passing Todoroki who is heading towards Izuku's room holding a basket.

Todoroki was worried, he lived in a bad household. He knew how awful his life was and yet he couldn't imagine what Izuku was feeling. Although he knew Izuku needed to eat and needed company at the very least.

 He never liked being alone after a beating so he assumed Izuku didn't either. He decided to bring his dinner and Izuku's in a basket. He brought sodas and desserts as well. He stopped in front of the door, he just stood there, maybe he was nervous. 

Why would he be nervous, it was just Izuku, yeah just Izuku. He reached out and knocked on the door... he waited a minute, then he heard a quiet sob.

Uh no, Shoto thought and he turned the handle saying as he entered, "Izuku, It's Todoroki I'm coming in." He placed the basket on the ground, closing the door behind him.

 "Izuku--" He saw him, tears falling and a razor cutting into his skin. He runs over grabbing Izuku's hand with the razor which made Izuku lookup.

"Todo-- I-i'm s-sorry I-I"

"H-hey let's not focus on that now, you're hyperventilating. Take some deep breaths." Todoroki says slowly, grabbing the razor out of his hand. "M-may I touch you?"

Izuku just nods.

"Okay." Todoroki brings Izuku into a hug, "follow my breaths Izuku... In... out... In... out..."

They stay like that for a bit just breathing, then Izuku speaks coming out of the hug. "I-i'm s-sorry to t-trouble you Todoroki."

"Hey, it's no problem, I don't mind. I'm just worried, could you tell me why you did that while I bandage you up?"

"S-sure..."

Todoroki gets up and grabs the 1st aid kit that's in every room (just go with it) and starts to clean and bandage the two shallow cuts on Izuku's wrist.

"I-i"

"Hey, take it too slow okay. You don't have to if you don't want to."

"N-no I-i'll tell you. Well umm, B-Bakugou just apologized a-and he left. I-i got t-the bad thoughts... they s-said I w-was useless, a waste of s-space. I-I've been trying not to listen... this was the f-first time s-since d-dad s-saved me and I-i h-have been seeing someone." Izuku started to cry, "U-uh no I-i l-let them down-- I-i can't believe I-i did that... th-their g-gonna gets r-rid of me."

"Woah, Woah. Izuku breathes, breathes. It'll be okay, I know Aizawa won't get rid of you, I saw how he cared for you when he told us what happened."

"Y-you think so..."

"I know so... and I hope you know you are so important to me, your dads, your friends we care for you."

They meet each other's eyes and Todoroki blushes and looks away. Todoroki's phone buzzes and he remembers the reason he came.

"Izuku, if this ever happens again, you can come to me okay. I've dealt with this as well, I have my own battle scars. Any way to lighten this mood I brought some food. I saw you didn't get dinner so I made you some."

"Y-you did"

"Yeah. let me grab it." He gets up and grabs the basket, checking his phone on the way.