19

Third person's POV

Akari rode the cab to their dorm as she left Hyein and Hyunjae. She felt guilty for what happened. If only she didn't leave her phone, nothing won't happen but at the same time Hyunjin is at fault for opening her phone.

She was just staring at the window glass of the car as she felt worried for Hyunjin. He must've been hurt to see his sister whom he protected his whole life telling him to leave him alone and even chose to be with the guy than him.

After a few minutes, the cab finally stopped in front of the dorm. Akari paid the fare and got out of the cab. She went inside and saw the landlady.

"What happened?" she asked Akari

"Something came up. Is Hyunjin upstairs?" Akari asked

"He is. He looks mad when he arrived earlier and I asked about you but he ignored me so I chose to wait" landlady

Akari nodded "Thank you" she smiled and went upstairs

She took a deep breath as she opened the door slowly. She saw Kkami on her bed while no one is on Hyunjin's bed. Then she noticed Hyunjin at the dining area drinking more soju while quietly sobbing. She quietly closed the door and just sat on the sofa at the mini living room of their floor.

"Something is really going on" she whispered

It's not just a simple argument between Hyein and Hyunjin. She knows there is a deeper reason why the small reason became bigger and it even made Hyunjin cry. She wanted to comfort him but Hyunjin might not want that to happen.

"Kkami?" she whispered as she noticed the dog came out of the room

She carried Kkami and caress its back. Kkami must've sensed that Hyunjin wants to be alone rather than being comforted. Akari finally decided to enter and stop Hyunjin from drinking before it even gets more worse. She opened the door slowly and entered. Then Hyunjin looked away trying to hide him crying.

Akari sat there as she let go of Kkami "It's not always good to drink when you have a problem" she said as she took the bottle from Hyunjin's hand that shocked her because Hyunjin did let the bottle go "And just because you are crying that doesn't mean you are weak"

Hyunjin chuckled but the pain in his eyes still shows how hurt he is from what happened "I'm not supposed to be some kind of overprotective brother"

Akari didn't talked.

"After that guy whom hurt her by betting on her feelings. There is another guy which really changed our lives. That guy hurt her physically and emotionally. She almost died from what he did. She was hospitalized for almost killing her which almost made me a criminal. I beat the guy but he is so lucky that someone stopped him" Hyunjin started

Akari was somehow hurt of what she heard about what happened to Hyein.

"I thought she will tell you because she seems so fond of you. I guess she is not ready to look back to her past again and face it without getting hurt. Everytime I see her laughing and smiling I always thought that she is fine and she must've moved on from the past experience. Whenever I am asking her to participate in the investigation she would always ignore me" Hyunjin

"Then the guy is still free after what he did?" Akari

Hyunjin nodded "If we look too rich for you well there is someone richer than us. He has a lot of connections and that is always the reason why the filed case against him would always lose. It's because he is paying those people to let him be free. Hyein was too hurt and offended after seeing the guy free and happy. She didn't participate in the investigation anymore even though we are likely to win the trial"

Akari stayed quiet.

"I kept blaming myself for not knowing sooner. I just found that she is in the hospital and was fighting for her life to survive. Fuck. That was the most painful situation I have ever been" Hyunjin started crying once again as he remembered "I thought entering this school will be a better choice for her. She became friends with Yzei but that whore literally hurt her. She used Hyein to get close to me. I hated her after that. My sister is slowly moving on from what happened but she gave her more reason not to move forward. Hyein was so hurt but I did my best to protect her and it wasn't enough"

Akari sighed at the sight of Hyunjin desperately crying in front of her. She saw how hurt Hyunjin is.

"I don't trust anyone for Hyein. I don't trust any guy for her even though that guy is kind or what. I don't trust my friends for her. I don't trust both of my family nor our relatives" Hyunjin kept crying like a child who was hurt "... I don't even trust myself for Hyein"

Akari was dumb founded as she heard Hyunjin's voice broke. Her tears fell but she hurriedly wiped it.

"I just trust you for her. I trust you more than I trust myself. I know you won't hurt her" Hyunjin whispered

Suddenly, an unknown pain hits Akari so bad. She felt pain after hearing Hyunjin trust her more than he trust himself. Not trusting yourself will really be a pain in the ass.

How can you trust other people when you don't even trust yourself?