20

Akari's POV

I looked at Hyunjin who is still sobbing even though he looks sleepy from drinking two more bottles. I did let him even though I stopped him already. I just think he needs to drink to open up what he is feeling.

"It must've been hard for you to keep everything inside you"

His hair slowly covered his face as he finally slept. I put his hair behind his ear to see his face clearly. To be honest, I thought Hyunjin was just acting to be an overprotective brother because it's a trend but hearing his reason changed my mind. He is doing it for a reason and he is really brave for keeping everything to himself. I wonder if he ever thought of giving up after what happened. He is having a hard time and blaming himself for what happened to Hyein. I couldn't blame him though, he is the older brother and he knows he is responsible for protecting Hyein.

"I will try to help you" I caress his cheeks carefully and wiped the tears that fell from his eyes "You should forgive yourself and let me do the rest"

Just hearing him not trusting himself hurts me. I mean who wouldn't be hurt after hearing such? He protected her and did his best to protect her at all cost. It wasn't his fault but he is suffering from what happened and it looks like he is the one who can't move on. It must've hurt him to see that guy having fun and being free while Hyein can't seem to forget.

I took the extra blanket and covered him. I don't want to wake him and will let him sleep there. He will probably move to his bed once he woke up. I turned off the lights at the area where he is then I turned on the lights from his bedroom area so it won't be dark for him. I opened my phone and dialed my brother's number.

calling Aiden...

[Hey]

"Are you busy?"

[Not at all. I just got home]

"How are you?"

[Good, I guess. What's up? How are you? Are you okay? What made you call this late?]

"I'm fine hahaha. Can't I call you?"

[You can hahaha]

"Did you... ever feel bad or feel guilty whenever you think you failed to protect me as your sister?"

[What's with the weird topic?]

"Just answer"

[Did I ever feel guilty whenever I think I failed to protect you? Uh... I think so. I remembered when you tried drinking and I was so overprotective to you. I got mad at you and said a lot of things but at the same time I realized I was wrong. The more I stop you from doing things that will make you choose to keep it a secret from me. You will treat me as someone who is against your decision. So I changed my mindset. Instead of going against you. I chose to join you and let you explore other things as long as you have limit. I never regretted choosing that mindset because we became closer to each other and you treated me as your bestfriend]

"Hmm..."

[Seriously. Why did you call me?]

"Can I ask you a favor? not as your sister but as your client"

_________________________

(Next Day)

"Ouch! What the fuck-"

"Wake up" Hyunjin

I opened my eyes and saw him glaring at me. He just hit my forehead to wake me up. What a unique way of saying thank you after I stayed up all night to listen and comfort him.

"It's too early!"

"No, we are going to be late. You should get ready" he said and pulled me from my bed "Hurry up and move. What are you standing there?"

He is already wearing his uniform and ready to leave. He should've left me here and let me sleep all day. How can he be so annoying? I took my towel and uniform with me as I went to the bathroom. I took a bath and did my morning routine. As I went out, I saw him sitting like a celebrity while playing with Kkami.

"How's your sleep?"

"Stupid. Why would you ask? My body hurts. You left me sleeping on the table and you would ask? How rude of you" Hyunjin

"Don't you know how to say thank you? You should be grateful that I even covered you with blanket or else you will froze to death if I didn't. Also last night I even listened to you talking and crying-"

"Can you just make it fast?" he cut me off and just looked at his phone "Don't even talk about it or I will stab you"

I didn't answer and put a light makeup on. I tied my hair into a low pony tail. I wore my shoes and took my bag with me. I noticed him boredly looking at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. Are you not done yet?" Hyunjin

"Done" I said as I took my phone withe me and was about to leave when he pulled me "What now?"

"I have to tell you something" Hyunjin

"Don't tell me you have fallen for me? That's too fast-"

He put his cap on me "No, act like nothing happened last night"

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't saw me crying" he said and left

Ah, acting cool again.