part 39

Yeon entered the hospital and greeted the staff.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door to Eunwoo's room and saw Mrs. Cha.

She smiled at the older woman.

"Don't you have to go for your shift?" She asked Mrs. Cha who nodded.

"I have my shift now. I was just waiting for you to come. I'll get going now, call me if something happens." The woman said and left the room after the girl nodded.

She looked at Eunwoo and let out a deep breath and held his hand. His body was less paler than before making her sigh in relief.

She heard the room door. She turned around and saw a nurse who came to check his vitals.

"When will he wake up?" Yeon asked the nurse with a soft tone.

"It depends. His body needs to fight the remains of the poison but it shouldn't take more than a week. His condition has improved since before so he should be up within a few more days." The nurse said with a reassuring smile and soon left.

The nurse saw how much the girl had cried during the surgery. She knew that the boy meant a lot to her.

"You better wake up quick you tadpole or I'll shave all your hair off if you don't." She said softly while sniffling slightly.

Timeskip~

It had been 4 days since the incident and Eunwoo still didn't wake up. The doctors said it was because of the poison and that there was nothing to worry about. 

Yeon barely went home and spent most of her time in Eunwoo's hospital ward. Even when the visiting hours were over she refused to go home and stayed at the hospital.

The boys had come to visit Eunwoo while Jungkook and Jungmi came every day after school and then went home.

It was nearly 5 in the morning and Yeon was holding Eunwoo's hand and sleeping with her head on the hospital bed.

Eunwoo's fingers twitched and he slowly opened his eyes and looked around and realized that he was on a hospital bed.

He looked to his side and saw a girl holding his hand with her head facing the other side.

He heard the sound of the door opening and saw a nurse entering.

"Oh! You're awake. I'll call the doctor." The nurse left with a smile and came back with a doctor.

"How are you feeling Mr. Cha?" the doctor asked loudly making Eunwoo place a finger on his lips and point at the sleeping girl who he knew was Yeon.

"Ah! I'm sorry. How are you feeling?" The doctor quietly asked again.

"My body hurts."

"Oh! That's because of the poison. That's normal. Do you feel any difficultly in breathing or anything?"

Eunwoo tilted his head in confusion.

"Poison?"

"The bullets you were shot with had poison in them which made you unconscious for 4 days." The doctor said making Eunwoo widen his eyes. The doctor checked on him and soon left with the nurse staying behind.

"You know, she has been here day and night taking care of you. She cried a lot when you were taken to the ER." The nurse said with a smile while checking on his vitals and blood pressure.

Eunwoo looked at Yeon's face which was now facing him and caressed her hair with a smile.

"She cried because of me." He whispered to himself when the nurse left and looked at her slightly puffy eyes and eye bags.

Some time had passed and Eunwoo was staring at Yeon's sleeping face while caressing her hair when he felt her move. He took his hand off her head and stared at her.

The girl lifted her head with half-open eyes and blinked a few times and stood up. She went to the bathroom attached to the room and closed the door. Eunwoo looked at her with a smile, well aware that she hadn't realized that he was awake.

Yeon soon opened the bathroom door, wide awake, and raised her head only to look at Eunwoo who was staring at her.

She blinked her eyes a few times and looked at him again and gasped loudly.

"Eunwoo you're up!!" She yelled and hugged him.

The tightness of the hug made Eunwoo's whole body hurt but he didn't bother loosening the hug as he heard her soft sobs.

"You brainless goldfish! Why did you take those bullets for me!? D'you know how scared I was?!" The girl broke the hug and hit his arm making the guy wince in pain.

"Shit! I'm sorry! Does it still hurt?" She apologized and rubbed his arm softly to ease the pain. Eunwoo smiled and shook his head.

"You were scared?" Eunwoo teasingly said. 

"I was fucking terrified to lose you!" Her answer shocked Eunwoo. Normally she would play it off but now she openly admitted it making Eunwoo happy.

"I can't let you get hurt." He simply said making the girl look at him with a cute angry face.

"Promise me." Eunwoo looked at the girl with confusion.

"Promise that you'll never put yourself in danger to save me. Promise me!" She sternly said and wiggled her pinky.

"I can't do th-"

"If you don't promise me right now I'll never talk to you again." The girl cut him off making the guy sigh and nod. The two connected their pinkies and then put their thumbs together sealing the promise.

"You pinky promised me, now you can't break it." She said with a big grin on her face.

Yeon entered the Kims' mansion while grinning like an idiot. Eunwoo had fallen asleep because of all the medicines he had so it was the perfect time for her to go home

She saw entered the kitchen and saw Mrs. Choi and some other maids and chefs in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the others.

"Omo! Yeon-ah? How come you're home so early?" The older woman asked her.

"I got some things to prepare."

**********

Thank you for reading!

 Hope you liked the chapter!

Vote and comment!