Dinner for Two... Plus Ten

I sat in a beautiful blue kimono across from Mayuri who had a rather annoyed look on his face. Sitting around us, was the other 11 Captains and their lieutenants of the Gotei 13. When we originally arrived, it was the two of us and it was pleasant. But slowly they all started to come in to say hello and welcome me back until they were all there. Byakuya was the last of them to arrive, but the way him and Mayuri looked at each other, it let me know it was probably Byakuya who sent everyone here. Though I was glad to see everyone, it made me feel a little disappointed that I wasn't actually getting to catch up with Mayuri alone.

"I'm not paying for all you damn people." Mayuri declared aloud. A few groaned but the captains seemed fine with that.

"So, Dalia..." I turned my head to the right to look at Yamamoto.

"Yes sir?"

"How was it... being wherever you were? Would you be willing to give up where Kisuke is?"

"No, I wouldn't and it was very nice where we were but I missed the Soul Society. The inhabitants of where we were weren't very friendly."

"Ahh."

"Mhm." I looked at Mayuri with wide eyes and began blinking my eyes casually so no one could notice the Morse code he and I had conducted years ago when Kisuke didn't want us meeting.

Blink. Flutter-blink... blink blink blink. "Let's fake for the bathroom." Blink. Flutter flutter. Pupil shake." I'll go out first and meet you by first district gate."

Bliiiinnkkkkk. "Got it."

"If you guys will excuse me, I need to... refresh myself in the bathroom." I stood up carefully.

"Oh, then I'll go with you." Unohana, who was sitting on my right, stood up carefully.

"No... Please. I wish to go-."

"I think we need to talk." She leaned in close and whispered in the ear.

"Oh... okay." I looked back at Mayuri. Bli-blink, blink blink "Go on ahead."

He slightly nodded his head. I found myself following in behind Unohana closely to the bathroom. When we reached the bathroom, she turned around and looked at me. She seemed a little anxious about something, but the smile on her face remained so there were no red flags. She stared at me for what seemed to be forever, but it could have only been two minutes.

"Unohana-taicho, was there a reason to call me here?" I shuffled my feet.

"Did you... bring your zanpakto with you?"

"I... did."

"Do you... have an intention of using it?"

I narrowed my eyes." I... might?"

Her smile turned into a straight line." You shouldn't?"

"Why shouldn't I? It is my Zanpakto after all."

"For the simple for that if you do, you'll... change more."

"Change more? How have I changed?"

Fwoosh! I looked down and saw Unohana had stabbed me with a pencil through the left side of my chest above my boob. I was scared at first, but realized that... there was no blood...

"Your heart... It is isn't in the right place."

I looked at her in horror. "Then... where is it?"

She removed the pencil." In your stomach."