Yoruichi. . . I was envious.

We floated along the lake peacefully, Kisuke and I did. I could tell that he worried inwardly about Dalia but because I had dragged him along and he had allowed himself to be he couldn't exactly say anything. The fireworks going off were just background noises to him it seemed as I pointed out their shapes. He was laid down in the long, back piece of our boat as I sat up front.

Something on land seemed to catch my eye.

"Hey," I suddenly broke the quietness, "isn't that Dalia and Mayuri over there? Does he have his head in her lap?"

"WHAT?!" Kisuke jumped up and nearly tipped the boat over as he launched to where I had pointed to.

Just like I had said, over on the deserted piece of the lake's beach was Mayuri and Dalia and Mayuri had his head in Dalia's lap.

"I WILL NOT ST-." I knocked him into the water.

"Calm down. You should have known it would happen. They are both young, it was bound to happen." I remarked as he floundered in the water before grabbing on the side of the boat.

"I STILL REFUSE!" he roared as he started to try to swim over there, but I grabbed the back of his Yukata.

It was obvious to everyone that Kisuke was in love with Dalia. Hell, I had known since the first day he'd come back from studying under her father and yet instead of talking nonstop about what he learned, he talked nonstop about her. He talked about her smile and her personality, everything about her. It wasn't until recently that he had realized it himself though. It saddened him to know he felt this way, knowing that it could never be possible but he didn't care. He said he would always stay by her and protect her with his life and when it came to a girl, for once, I believed him. It made me very envious of her.

"Stop trying to swim and get out of the water before you drown idiot!" I roared.

He stopped struggling for two seconds before he unconsciously reached for his head where the new hat Dalia had won him sat. Realizing that it was still on his head, he jumped back into the boat quickly. Like I said, it made me really envious of her with how he revers her very existence.

I yelped as I was thrown to the floor of the boat. I looked up and saw Kisuke paddling as fast as lightening." What are you doing?!"

"Interrupting them!" He said stubbornly.

I sighed heavily; the man I was in love with was in love with another and I couldn't hate her. I could only be envious.