Mayuri . . . She Promised.

I tapped my finger impatiently on the lab table. She was late, by over three hours and even though I could have started on the artificial project on my own – every time I tried her smiling face appeared from when she figured out the cherry blossom project.

There was a knock at my door." You better have a damn good reason for being three hours late; I've been waiting on you to begin this project. The nerve of y-." I opened the door and saw the short kid – what was his name again? "Oh... you."

The look on his face was close to terror." M-Mayuri-sama, I- I have some bad news."

"If it's about Kisuke I already know. I don't care; I'm now to become the captain of both the research division and the squad." I started to walk back toward the lab table to wait for Dalia more.

"A...not that sir. It's about Dalia." I stopped in my tracks and looked around at him.

"Where is that girl? How dare she keep me waiting! I've been waiting for three hours! She truly isn't fit to be a princess of any kind. Screw all that proper training she received." I ranted.

"Sir... S... she's disappeared along with Kisuke and Tessai."

"What are you talking about?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why would she do something like that? She knows that we have to begin this project today."

"W-well, it's believed she helped Kisuke and Tessai escape along with Yoru-."

"That's a lie!" I snapped. "I just told you that she wouldn't do that KNOWING we have to begin our project today, what's your face!"

"Akon."

"What?"

"My name... it's Akon, as long as Miss Dalia was here, you remembered my name."

"Bah, "I turned away and started back toward the table, "I'll just start the stupid project and when she comes she can just join in. Leave the door unlocked so she can come straight in."

"I can't believe it."

"What are you talking about?" I pulled out pages of formula in her handwriting and pulled out several test tubes.

"I remember when you said that love was a redundant science, but you're in it and haven't even realized it." I glared over my shoulder at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Dalia was there and helped with the success of a lab process. She helped you get the most data from other things. You said love was scientific items that are always at the tip of your fingers, but it isn't an item – not anymore – it was Dalia. But it's not like it matters anymore, she's gone – and no one knows where she went." Akon – that little brat – slammed the door as he left leaving those words hanging in my lab.

I grumbled quietly and then yelled after him. "I COULD NEVER FALL FOR SUCH AN INSUFFERABLE WOMAN!"

I turned around and began to attempt to work on the project in front of me, but my thoughts wandered and yet still continued to wait for her. "... She promised... idiot girl."