The First Time Out in a Hundred Years. . .

The stray hairs moved into line as it was brushed in a downward motion. The mirror showed a reflection that I had gotten used to, dyed long brown hair and contact hazel eyes. After several minutes, I put the bristle brush down and stood up from my seizu style sitting.

"Dalia!" A male voice called out to me.

"Yes?"

"Anything you want to eat tonight?"

I moved toward the door and slid it open." Anything is fine, but I want to go out."

"It's supposed to rain here in Karakura." Kisuke warned me. And many times he had warned me like this before and I had allowed it to deter me, but today was going to be different. I really wanted to go outside and explore for the first time in the 100 years.

"Alright. I'll take an umbrella." I informed him. "I just really want to go outside today. It's been a hundred years and I'm ready to go outside finally.

"Alright... I can't exactly stop you, just be safe." Kisuke commented before walking off to another piece of the house.

"I will." I assured him as I slid my door close and opened the door headed towards the store part of the house.

We lived in this small, go nowhere town. I watched as hollows and small spirits roamed outside of our home, but none of them ever saw me. Thanks to Kisuke's science and potions, my cat bell around my neck jingled often and resonated waves that basically made me invisible to them. The furthest from the house I had been was the front yard, but that was about it. Yoruichi had found a way out of the Soul Society and come to live with us in a cat form so she was often my companion on the front porch.

"Do you want company?" Tessai walked from the back room as I picked up an umbrella and opened the front door.

"Not today, I feel like today is a day of... isolation." I remarked as I stepped out and popped the umbrella open.

"Alright, well be safe." Tessai walked up to the door. "If you get lost, ring your bell loudly two times and I'll come pick you up."

"Okay, I will." I assured him and he closed the door.

I turned around and began walking; the path ahead of me dried itself as I muttered a kido that I had made years ago with Tessai so that I could continue to wear my kimonos on rainy days. I resolved to take a nice walk down by the riverside, but once I actually got that I hesitated. I saw a hollow slinking away covered in blood, but was unsure whether to go check or to hurry home and tell Kisuke.

I turned to leave, but once I heard the crying and screaming of a child for his mother I knew what had happened. I looked down at the boy who was crying over his mother's body. My first time out of the shop and I come across this. I started to turn around and leave but seeing the scene reminded me of when Urahara had saved me when I was ten... and then the moment when Byakuya hugged me and comforted me. I dropped my umbrella and rushed down the slippery hill to him. He jolted when he saw me; he eyed me for second before returning to his mother's body crying.

"Hi there, I'm Dalia Murakami, who are you?" I mimicked Byakuya by smiling down at the boy. He looked at me but continued to sniffle, crying." Can you talk?" He slowly nodded his head.

"I-i-Ichigo Kurosaki." He said quietly.

"Is this your mom, Ichigo Kurosaki?" I moved closer to him and he nodded starting to cry again." Wait, please don't cry anymore. I'm sorry, I should have known."

Even though the rain continued to dampen him, he wiped his face with his arms." I-it's my fault." He said quietly.

"No, it isn't your fault." I assured him and reached out a hand placing it in his wet orange hair." Your mother died protecting you. You are not at fault." I assured him. I moved closer and started hugging him against my body.

"B-but, I was trying to save a girl... and... and she was dead when..." He began to sob.

"Wanna know something?" He nodded slowly." I lost my mom and brother when I was your age too. I thought it was my fault but I learned it wasn't because I had someone to talk about it with. Someone to lean on."

He looked up at me and frowned." I don't... have anyone. I'm supposed to protect people. I can't cry."

"Well you know what. You have me. You can come cry to me and never cry to anyone else, the best part? I won't tell anyone." I smiled big as my damp hair fell into my face." I'll be the one you can lean on. Your mom wouldn't want you crying. Do you have any more family?"

"A-a father and two sisters." He mumbled quietly.

"Good. I have a father but I don't get to see him so you are lucky." He frowned up at me." But I have a Nii-chan and he loves me the most. I stay with him which leads me to this. Do you know the Urahara shop?"

"Ah... ah, yes." He nodded.

"I stay there. Anytime you want to talk or play, come see me. Okay?" I smiled before giving him a tight squeeze and letting him go. The sounds of sirens – police and ambulance – are coming closer." I have to go now. Brother is probably really worried now. Good-bye Ichigo Kurosaki!" I turned and rushed up the hill." Come see me sometime, okay?"

"O-okay!" I heard him shout.