Two Parts of an Experiment... Pt 2

I stood beside the suspension tube that held my Shikai. After our agreement, Mayuri sent a message to my father about the experiments but he assured me that if he came to the Institute he would be turned away.

The cold, analytical scientist was concerned that my father would bring a negative effect to me since I was sensitive to being experimented on. To think that the man who once said I would be the perfect experiment would actually get to conduct it.

I chuckled quietly to myself as I placed a hand on the tube. "It's almost ready to begin scanning your zanpakto. Are you okay?"

A hand plopped onto my head and rubbed gently. I looked up to the owner and saw the golden eyes laced with concern. I gave a small smile and exhaled the breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

"Yes."

Akon and Nemu were standing near the doorway, standing guard in the Mayuri's private lab room. It was eerie like one of those human movies, but he insisted it looked worse before he had cleaned up.

He released me and we walked toward the computer framework for the tube as the sword floated in the green liquid.

I peered over his broad shoulder as he typed on the keyboard. The old image of my polearm Shikai appeared on one side of the monitor.

Kisuke must have documented a baseline and stored it here when he'd made the potion to suppress it's powers.

"Good, we have a baseline." Mayuri mused aloud as he clicked away at the keyboard. "This won't take long."

I couldn't find the words to affirm him as I watched the suspension chamber begin to glow from activation. Once we were finished examining my sword, it would be my turn. Was I really going to let myself be experimented on?

"The previous potion Kisuke put on it should be wiped away via the liquid in the chamber, so you may hear the voice of your zanpakto louder."

I nodded as I looked at my zanpakto pensively.

"Ugh, it's so good to be free!" I yelped as I turned around by the soft male voice.

The voice belonged to my spirit who was once Ka-Ryu. He didn't look like a child anymore, he had grown. He stood two heads over me. His once short red hair had become long and turned a bright purple.

The yukata he wore hung open revealing a broad, yet pale muscular chest. To say my zanpakto had changed was an understatement.

"Are you okay?" Mayuri's hand on my shoulder shocked me as I broke my gaze from.

"Ka Sennyo appeared. He... has grown. " I responded, tossing a glance at Ka who stretched casually.

"Comparing the results to the baseline shows that your zanpakto's Reitsu has stabilized and even increased in capacity." Mayuri walked back over to the screen. "Your input of Reiryoku to your sword is on a Captain's level, which is outstanding. Are you feeling tired?"

I wiggled like an upright worm and shook my head." No, I'm just fine."

"Its like your ability doubled and stabilized." Mayuri straightened up and stared at my weapon.

"Considering that before you were molecularly and spiritually unstable, because of..." Ka-Sennyo looked into my eye and I knew he met my younger life of experiments and being made in a test tube. My body shuttered as Ka continued. "We were unstable. Before I used to be the Bankai, but now my sister is. Our elements that once fought because a zanpakto could only have one, has merged perfectly."

"Do you detect more than one element, May-kun?" I was curious if it would show on the scan.

I looked over at the serious profile. His brow crooked as he nodded at me." Fire and water... how? A zanpakto should only have one."