Mayuri: Love is Overwhelming

Author Note: Back Again! I'm getting better about updating! This Mayuri dials back to them in the tea shop to the present. Please like, comment and add to your library if you enjoy this! Thank you (감사합니다) - Cookie

She rocked from side-to-side as she sat beside me, happily eating the food she. I was observing her every move after her surprise kiss attack, yet I hoped she would spring one again. My heart hadn't slowed down much and I was partially worried that I was having a heart attack, but my love research had informed me that this was a symptom of the feeling. My forehead crinkled at the thought of caring about someone else, something other than my research.

Did she get prettier?

I watched as she wiped her small, yet full lips." So, what's your plans for the evening?"

Her almond reddish-blue eyes turned to look at me. The sparkles in her eyes reminded me of freshly sterilized beakers. The pit of my stomach came to life with me as the center of her attention. "My plans are your plans."

"And our plans are?" She looked at me expectantly.

While I had waited for her, I'd stumbled upon "love stories" and learned that growing "intimacy" was the next in love. And after taking a what kind of lover am I quiz, I found I was a "tsundere".

Even though we'd just finished eating, I already had the late night dinner on my mind. She never wore a lab cost when she came to the facility and I couldn't help wondering how sophisticated she would look in it.

"That dabli-thing, we're going to inspect it today."

The smile that crinkled her eyes began to fade as my words sank in. The sparkles I'd just been admiring, faded from her eyes. Though I had done research, I wasn't a normal person. I didn't spend my time analyzing Kinesics, faces and body language but I was sure she would tell me what was wrong.

"Sounds interesting." The smile she forced on her face didn't met her eyes as it fell as quickly as it has come.

No matter how I analyzed her face, I couldn't tell what she was thinking. All I could see was a blank stare, her eye twitched slightly and she didn't look pleased.

At this moment, I was sure Kinesics wasn't a necessary science as I watched thoughts swirling around in those beautiful eyes.

I frowned down at her. "What?" I shifted closer to her, yet she quickly moved two inches away from me.

Why did such a small gesture, make my heart drop like the day we met and she destroyed my Gikongan?

"Huh?" She looked at me startled as if I hadn't seen the change.

"Your face, it changed." I responded. I resisted my body shuttering as a fake smile crossed her face again.

"What?" She blinked at me, hard. "No it didn't. "

"It did." The bright red in her eye darkened, matching the color of blood. I crossed my arms over my chest as I leaned to look deeper into her eyes.

Wasn't this change too sudden? Research said that the "honeymoon phase" would last up to 3 months, it hadn't been two hours.

"Have you been researching facial expressions?" She cast her eyes down to the table.

My heart sped up. When I confessed to her, was I the only one that felt this way?

"I have not." I admitted. "But-"

"Clearly you need more research!" She stood up, her soft brown cheeks flushing red.