Honesty (Lemonish)

After 36 chapters, we're finally getting some real intimacy from these two. I couldn't be prouder. They were really coming along slow.

I stared at the painted hand that grasped my left wrist. With one word, he had halted every muscle in my body. Never would I have thought Mayuri would stop me from leaving.

I looked over to the hand's owner." Wait?"

The expression on Mayuri's face was strange, it wasn't one he made often. It looked like he was almost, flustered. Not the cool, calculating scientist that he was known to be. "Yes." He slurred his breathe as he confirmed to me, and himself.

Mayuri grabbing my wrist had tossed the rest of any sleepiness aside as I looked into his eyes. My heart quickened as he stepped closer to me. The normally wild, calculative eyes scanned me with soft intention as he seemed to search for the words to say.

"I..." he halted, never looking away. His gold eyes glistened, even under the shadow on his face. "Do you know how I..."

He trailed off, giving the wrist he held a firm squeeze. The emotions that swirled in his eyes were something uncommon. The hesitation in his voice was so unlike him, but it lured me in to  him. "Do I know?"

He bit his bottom lip as he turned his head away from me, him looking away from me surprised me more.

"I know you love me, just like I love you."

"Then why are you trying to walk away?" He turned back to me, looking at me with burning eyes. "This whole love thing is... I'm not use to caring about any other being other than myself, but you..."

He trailed off as his eyes darted between mine, searching for an answer. His darkened gold eyes were tinged with confusion, a look that shook me to my core. The layer of hurt and fear that reflected in his pupils made the blood in my veins pump hot.

He... he is. He doesn't know how to handle his emotions.

I reached my cool hands out and gently caressed the painted cheeks of the insecure scientist. "Mayuri, I-."

Thin lips crashed into mine, stopping my sentence as arms wrapped around my neck and back to support me from the aggressive approach. I stared into the eyes of the culprit, the hunger swirling behind them.

Then it happened, the final click of his feelings and why he felt insecure. I hadn't told him I loved him back and even though I had kissed him, I was still holding back the rest of my affection. I'd spent the last 100 years beside Kisuke as my brother and had normalized being close yet separate as love. To love someone, but not let them in or get closer than was necessary.

While, Mayuri spent those years waiting to yell at me for leaving without finishing our project. I'd spent that time, keeping my guard up against Kisuke and the love he felt for me as a man. I'd forgotten that with mutual love there was affection, sharing and concern.

Yeah, I was trying to come to terms with everything that had been hidden from me but Mayuri.

Mayuri was afraid I was going to disappear again.

Even though there was no festival, I could hear the sound of fireworks and drums as he moved to bite my bottom lip, giving the slightest tug. I resisted vocalizing the primal sound that rumbled within, remembering that we were right outside of the First Division Barracks. But, I had begun to fall into the kiss when he pulled away, arms still holding me close.

"You've never said my name before." His voice dripped with husky honey, whispering to me.

I watched his lips closely as his words fell, feeling light headed."Should I say it more often?" I closed the little space between our bodies as I stared up at him, my hands on his chest.

"Hmm," My lips felt cold and lacking, now that his weren't there. His lips curved into a smile and I flickered my eyes to meet his.

"If you do, I can't guarantee what would happen."

The normally emotionless eyes that had been frantic with uncertainty had a spark burning within them, tickling the feeling my stomach as my lips slowly parted. "May-ur-i."

He wasted no time in claiming my lips again as he gently whipped me around to the wall, the arm around my back free from giving me support. I gave a soft sigh against Mayuri's lips when the coolness of the wood touched my back. The free, left hand gave my side a squeeze as Mayuri nibbled at my bottom lip, asking for entrance.

The right hand on my neck cupped the crown of my head when I denied him entrance, tilting it back. I gave a surprised gasp, opening my mouth as I felt my obi that held my yukata being untied.

The soft, wet tongue that invaded my mouth turned me on more than I could imagine, as his tongue explored and played, I moaned in his mouth..

"Fuck." He muttered in my mouth as my excitement pooled between my thighs. "I love you."

"I'm glad you've made up, but finish somewhere else." Yamamoto's voice was like ice water when it came from the direction of the barracks.

I could feel my cheeks turning hot from embarrasment as I remembered where we were, and now who was watching. I broke our kiss and glanced over at the barracks, but couldn't find my voice to apologize. I tried to give Mayuri a slight push, so that he would move away but his - surprisingly - muscular chest remained unmoved.

I looked up at the man who held my heart and saw the fire burning behind his eyes was not going to be quelled so easily. The affection, the security and the feelings he had been looking for from me, were within his reach. It was obvious he wasn't going to hold back anymore to get it.

We were both panting as we stood looking at each other, until I broke the silence. My voice came out squeaky under his predator-like gaze. "We should probably go somewhere else and talk."

Mayuri leaned into my ear." Let's talk along the way, because when we reach our destination... I'm not letting you go."

My body shivered at his alluring words, causing me gulp. I had unleashed a side of Mayuri and it excited me. "Shower, " I managed to respond.

"You'll need one after, yes." Mayuri's signature smirk returned to his face as he moved back from me.

Mayuri walked a few steps away, looking towards the end of the narrow walkway. As I stood up from leaning against the wall, I clumsily grabbed my falling obi. I inwardly groaned, hoping Yamamoto had gone back to his room and didn't see my shame. Yet, I was impressed with how quickly Mayuri had unraveled it.

As I struggled to quick replace my obi, I heard Mayuri chuckling. I could feel my cheeks still burning as I tucked the last part of my obi into the band.

"Let's go." I scurried up to his left side and smiled.

An arm snuck around my waist as lips kissed my right cheek. "To my room." He declared as we made it to the stairs.

My mind began to race with the thought of apologizing

After walking down the stairs and making it out of Division one in silence

"Mayuri, I-"

"I might not study kinesics, but I can tell that you realized that you were wrong. I won't make you waste your breath apologizing." He looked down at me with a sinister grin. "You'll need it soon enough."

BING! WHAT DID YOU THINK? Should the next chapter be full on lemon?! Or should I just let the next chapter start with them in his bed the morning after?! I need feedback! Thank you for reading! :)