三十五

"ryujin!" BOTH the boys yell.

"oh no" the girl mumbles to herself, looking at the boys who stare at her with a piercing gaze. next thing she knows, she's being pulled on each end by her arms by the two boys like the rope in a game of tug of war.

"he tried to violate me!"

"he was the one who tripped me!"

they both tugged at her arms simultaneously while she stays the victim in the middle, body swaying side to side with each tug.

"he-"

"he-"

"eesh-" she forcefully yanks both her arms from their grip and adjusted herself.
she turns to chenle.
"apologize to jeno for kicking him"

then turning over to jeno,
"and you, apologize for uh- well you did nothing wrong but- eh. just say sorry for scarring chenles eyes with your face"

jeno places a hand to his chest, mouth agape. "i- are you saying I'm ugly enough to scar his eyes? I'm awfully hurt"

"you're not ug-"

"yes you are very very very ugly and you should pay for bleach"

jeno's lips curl up into a snarl as he reaches to grab chenles by the collar. "I'll shove bleach down your throat"

chenle flaps his arms like a bird. "ah- ah! he's gonna hit me!" his voice gets higher with each word.

"okayyyy enough" ryujin pulls jeno away from chenle, fearing if he went any closer, the young boy would scream so loudly glass might shatter around him.

that was the power of his golden voice. shattering glass, and eardrums with that piercing scream.

a huff leaves the older boy who adjusts his posture and crosses his arms,  looking down at the younger one with snarl. "lucky you"

a cocky smirk appears on his face. "yeah, lucky me"

"come on, get up" ryujin extends her hand out for chenle to grab, which he does. once he's up on his feet, chenle shoots jeno a sly smirk.

"now apologize"

they glance at her, acting clueless.

"apologize" she says again but this time with a smile, a threatening smile accompanied with clenched fists.

"yeah, apologize. ryu took 3 years of taekwondo" a voice joins in. it's haechan, eating a banana. "what are you looking at, apologize before you get punched with cute fists"

ryujin turns her head painfully slow to look at haechan with a grin.
"what"
he's grabbed by the collar.
"do you want these cute fists shoved down your throat?"

haechan turns his head to the two boys. "y-yeah, you guys should reaaally apologize as well"
ryujin follows his gaze to the two boys. "what are you waiting for?"

sigh.

"I'm sorry" they say at the same time, forcing the fakest smile they could muster. as long as the girl is satisfied, it doesn't matter how genuine the apology was.

"great" she let's go of haechan's collar, smiling brightly. "you two have done a very good job" she coos, going over to scratch the two boys under the chin, treating them like cats.
as painful as it was to admit, they both melted. but of course, the gal was too busy pampering them to even realize their putty state. haechan had to hold in his laughter.

a set of cat ears would've appeared onto jeno and chenle's head if this was an anime, surrounded by an aura of love and hearts.

---