十四

+past

"Lele, meet jeno, jeno meet chenle"

THE older Chinese boy introduced his two friends to one another. one was his high school best friend, and the other was his only Chinese companion in the foreign country renjun lived in.

Renjun had planned an outing where he decided to introduce his two closest friends to each other. Renjun wanted jeno to come out of his shell and felt chenle could help since he was a mood maker, not to mention he was a loud extrovert too. (more of an extroverted introvert, but same thing)

The two younger boys looked at each other awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. Renjun rolled his eyes and grabbed the two boy's hands and put them together, making them shake hands.

"There, you two shook hands, you're friends. Now let's go to the arcade and have fun" Renjun pulled the two boys towards the arcade. Inside, renjun bought tokens and gave some to jeno and chenle.

"Now... . " Renjun began as he put his hand below his chin, stroking his invisible beard. "What do you boys want to play? "

The two shrugged and renjun's face fell.

"Well I know what I wanna play so you two have fun" He smiled and left the two behind as he walked to play his game. Jeno and chenle stared at each other confused. the awkward tension between them still very much there.

"So... . What do you wanna play? " Jeno asked awkwardly, hands stuffed in his pocket. Chenle thought for a moment as he scanned the area, looking for a game that caught his attention. "Basketball? "

"Sure" With that, the two moved on to play the basketball game.

Renjun observed from afar as he saw the two play together. He smiled as he watched their lips move, and mouths curve into smile. His plan was working. They had become friends voluntarily.

When they finished their first game, the 3 met up again. Renjun saw them talking happily. Jeno was smiling, happily showing his eye smile for the first time in a while. Renjun was definitely satisfied.

"I see you two have finally become friends" Renjun said as he crossed his arms, mouth curved into a sweet smile. Jeno and chenle looked at each other before smiling.

"Jeno isn't as bad as he seems"

"Neither is chenle"

The two laughed.

Renjun slung his arms over the two taller boys. "I'm glad the three of us are getting along well, now, let's  continue playing" The two younger boys nodded in agreement as they walked around the arcade to play more games.

Soon, noon came. the sky had turned into an orangey pink hue and the air became slightly cooler than it was early in the afternoon. street lights had been turned on, shining the streets that still had multiple cars driving through it.

Their 3 stomachs were growling as they left the arcade in search of food. In the end, they settled for McDonald's. simple and cheap (since they are very much still High Schoolers who depend on their parents money).

They ordered their food and sat down together facing each other as they began talking together. Jeno and chenle getting to know each other more and renjun exposing embarrassing stories about each other. Their table were filled with laughs and claps. including embarrassed faces every once in a while, along with renjun smirking devilishly.

It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.