Chapter 26- Finally Arrived

Skeppy POV

Skeppy painfully heaved, spitting out a mouthful of blood. He was getting worse by the day as his body grew weaker and weaker. Would he even survive this? He wasn't sure.

Bad sat beside him, looking at him sadly. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

Skeppy glanced at him, shaking his head, "Stop apologizing. It does nothing, it doesn't make things better or worse."

"But this is all my fault." 

"Better me than someone else." Skeppy shrugged, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "How long has it been since Tommy escaped?"

"A few days, or maybe a week." the demon estimated. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen the outside world.

"But he's... he's coming back right? To save us?" he asked.

"I-I... yes, he's coming back." Bad nodded, not wanting to destroy his hope. It was a difficult thing to get back and it was something they desperately needed. He squeezed his eyes shut, his hands suddenly falling to his head.

"He doesn't go away, does he?" Skeppy said, wanting nothing more than to force that horrible spirit out of his head. It was torture watching his best friend struggle through it.

"Never." Bad said through gritted teeth.

Skeppy sighed, looking up at the walls for the millionth time. Would they ever be saved?

Suddenly the door burst open and both their hearts stopped. There stood Dream, but it didn't seem like him. It was like he wasn't all there, like he wasn't in control.

Bad gasped, his face paling at the sight of him.

Dream stepped inside, sealing the door behind him. He stared at them for a moment before collapsing without any warning. Bad managed to catch his body, saving him from a hard fall.

"Why is Dream here?" Skeppy didn't understand.

Bad shook his head as he realized why, "He's the shadow's new body."

"Oh god..."

"Dream? Are you there?" Bad gently shook him, hoping to wake him up. 

Thankfully two bright green eyes opened and Dream groaned. "Wha-what happened?"

Bad didn't even know where to start. How could he tell one of his best friends that he was going to be the source of so much destruction? He had seen this before... but somehow this was worse. Dream was smart, clever beyond anyone's understanding.

If they could barely defeat Schlatt, how would they ever defeat Dream?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is short, but guess what? The next chapter is something you all have been waiting for...

Thank you so much for the 21.7K!

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have an amazing day!

-Snowy