Chapter 37- What If We Never See Him Again?

Phil POV

"I'm not so sure this is a good idea Phil." Techno shook his head, studying the map that was laid out in front of him. "If he figures out your plan, we're dead. He will have surrounded each group entirely."

"What do you suggest Techno?" Phil questioned, knowing Techno was good at planning military strategies.

"I don't think we should split the army."

"But we could defeat the shadow much quicker. It would also prevent the most damage. People would be safer." Phil explained. The less innocent lives at risk, the better.

Techno sighed, "I think it's too big of a risk." He paused, thinking for a moment. He knew not to go against his father. "But it's your call, of course."

Phil looked back at the map littered with red X's. "You think they can handle it?"

The plan was for the army to split into four groups, each lead by different people. They would surround the enemy and move in, successfully destroying the army. Or that was the plan, at least.

"They'll have to, for this plan to work." he commented. He sighed, clearly still not 100 percent on board with this idea. "I'll go tell the others."

The pinkette left the tent, leaving the king alone.

The king could only sit there, praying it would work.

He had no idea what he was going to do if it didn't.

---------------

Bad POV

"Are you sure you're okay? You can say no." Bad said, glancing towards Skeppy.

Skeppy had made a remarkable recovery with the days of rest he had had. He walked with the slight limp but he hardly paid notice. He had gained a lot of his strength back which was a very good sign.

"I'm fine you muffinhead! Same I was five minutes ago." Skeppy rolled his eyes playfully.

"Hey!" Bad huffed. He turned towards Fundy who was trailing behind, "You sure you got all that Fundy?"

"Yup!" Fundy squeaked, trying not to drop all the supplies he was carrying.

Bad chuckled, slipping the map out of his pocket. "We're near the checkpoint, so we should set up here." Bad turned to Skeppy. "Tell the men to set up camp."

Skeppy nodded, walking towards the part of the army that had been following them.

"Wouldn't it be better to be closer?" Fundy questioned, eyeing the map in Bad's hands.

"We're closer than we look. And we want to make sure it's protected from the battle field." Bad explained.

"I could protect them!" Fundy exclaimed, trying to look bigger than he actually was.

Bad smiled, ruffling his hair. "There's a lot more people than you think Fundy."

"I could still do it!"

-----------------

Techno POV

"Do you think Toms is okay?"

Techno glanced at him, giving him a sad look. "I hope so." 

Karl looked between the brothers, unsure of what to really say. He could only imagine what they were going through, having just found their lost brother only to lose them again.

Wilbur rubbed his eyes, trying to wipe his forming tears away. Now was not the time to be emotional. "We should have done more to protect him."

Techno sighed, moving closer to his brother. "I don't think there's anything else we could have done. I get the feeling he would have found his way out of it either way."

Wilbur turned towards him, finally allowing his tears to flow. "What if we never see him again?"

Techno was quick to pull him into a hug, knowing how much he needed the comfort. Wilbur sobbed into his chest, gripping his shirt tightly. It was like the first time they lost Tommy. To say Techno was concerned was an understatement.

If Wilbur barely made it through the first loss, how would he ever make it through the grief again?

------------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have an amazing day!

-Snowy