𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 09

He was disappointed

He was disappointed.

The depot was vintage and the smell of the old books and the crusty pages that he liked were present. The place was vacant letting them the liberty to stay around as long as they wanted. Even the owner of the shop had been kind enough to get them freshly brewed coffees in the honour of the Hanguk Prince visiting him.

The Prince was disappointed to see the thin brown veil over those mesmerising green eyes that he had started to cherish secretly. His hands tapping on his thigh in impatience as he gave glances at the lady who sat across him immersed in a book, that he had gathered was an old French romantic novella.

Though he couldn't care less for what was happening in the knowledge script that he was holding, for his mind was stuck at the lady of the moment along with a striking question as to why Rosaliá was wearing a lens.

He had not noticed the damned lens before for the dark lighting of the evening had made them look dark but the bright light of the book shop had made him see her brown eyes that he wasn't used to seeing.

"Why are you wearing brown lenses?"

His question being abrupt, Rosaliá looked up at him in bewilderment as she blinked mentally taking in his question.

"Umm...I had actually forgotten to bring my clear lenses. And I only had these ones. I have a slight correction in my eyes so I have to wear them to not have a deafening migraine later. Why, Your Highness, does it look odd?" She asked putting a hand on her cheek.

Yes, yes...it does.

"No. I just...I like the green ones more." He muttered looking back at the book in his hand.

"I apologise but I am afraid I would have to wear these for the remainder of the trip." She said making him sigh as he nodded at her nonetheless.

"It's okay. As long as you are comfortable, that's all that matters." He said smiling at her.

Her nose scrunching as she nodded at him before going back to reading, did things to him that he wasn't aware could happen.

Did his heart beat a bit faster when she looked him straight in the eye and smiled ?

Yeah, it did.

He found himself dreamily wondering as he smiled at the thought of Rosaliá. What was she doing to him? He found it so odd to be attracted to a woman where he knew that it was obviously physical, but the fact that he loved even the short conversations that she would have with him made him ponder.

He never had many female friends, most of them were royalties... but commoners, no. None were commoners but Rosaliá was starting to be a friend he would like to cherish. His hand propping up on the table, he rested his head on his upturned palm as he watched her read. Her face cradled in her hands as she blinked a few times in between while flipping a page after she was done reading it.