𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 17

The day couldn't have been better

Not could the previous night could have been. Rosaliá found herself getting sucked into this sorcery that the Hanguk Prince Jeon Jungkook had performed on her. With him surprising her in the bid of keeping his promise of letting her not only visit but to stay at the lake side palace of Busan, he had also made sure that the dinner that they would have had crossiants.

Her lips parting for a chuckle to emit itself, she remembered the exact way the man would turn his nose up subtly at even the slight mention of it when they had been in Paris. It was pitiful.

But he had asked the Royal cooking staff to prepare a proper Danish meal aside from his superior attempt of tolerating Croissants for her as they had lounged in the outdoor dining which over looked the mesmerising sunset of Busan. She had been impressed quite literally. Maybe because before that she had never been shown such a kind gesture by man.

Sure, Vante would treat her out a lot but it was mostly because he was in his one of the more food gatsby adventures. It was just her being a companion to him so that nobody—men or women, would distract him from his first love, food.

The Korean Prince sure had a way of his own. The way his face held a glow that came off just the right way of handsomest, she found him extremely manly yet the way his boyish grin, dispersing out into that smile of his would confuse her to call him cute.

In her mind, of course.

She wouldn't dare let those feelings out in the open for him to know. How embarrassing.

Her hands preoccupied with the task of washing her hair, she thought back to how he had held her hand all the while they had chatted out in the front yard of the palace the night before, the bon fire had miraculously persisted through their long hours of conversation. She had then noted a few habits of his like tilting his head when he was confused and most importantly frowning even in delight.

The man had a way of making her all soft and fuzzy, a feeling she didn't know she could feel after so many long years. It was weird, very weird to her how that stone cold heart of hers seemed to melt at his mere sight now. She was scared for herself. And him too.

Because he had no idea how chaotic her life was.

How devastating she was.

Her eyes closing at the feeling of the sudden pang of fear, that maybe all this happiness would end sooner rather than later, Rosaliá just plain sighed at herself.

She was living in a beautiful illusion. And somehow she wished she didn't have to wake up from this dream. It was sweet. So sweet from the truth that had its roots dipped and clutched under the residue of her bitter past.