𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 32

Snow fall

Snow fall.

White swirling crystals that reminded her of the infinite attempts she had made in her origami trials, fell effortlessly around her. She wondered if one of them had the fate of being designed in the exact way that she had been taught by Bubba.

Tiny feet running to her, her comparatively younger self turned around to see the little girl she had been thinking of, approaching.

"Ruise!!!" Her hand waved at her enthusiastically, as she saw the bright, two teeth missing smile flashing like a blazer over flashlight that reflected off of the pristine white.

Her pants sounding ragged, Ruise still smiled up at her older sister who had her fist clenched tightly, mittens removed.

Both of their noses sniffling, red like Rudolph, they beamed at each other when Rosaliá tickled her a bit before suspiciously signing at her to guess what she had in her hand.

Butterfly?

Ruise waved her hand to show her but received a shake of Rosaliá's head in return.

A beetle perhaps?

Nope.

A small chubby index tapping against her chin, Ruise mutely exclaimed before waving her hand around.

"No...," Rosaliá chuckled as she shook her head at her, "it's not a Crystal, Juhi."

Her Korean name given to her by their mother being spoken, showed the ten something little girl to sigh as she fell on her butt dejectedly like a rag doll being cut off its strings.

The pout looked cute but Rosaliá looked like she had had enough of being suspicious.

"Look..." she whispered.

And then her palm flared out, five fingers spreading like the tentacles of a hand fan, she revealed what she had brought back from the annual fair market that she had accompanied Bubba with.

The inaudible gasp that Ruise emitted made Rosaliá chuckle in amusement as she reached for her hand and opened it to put the tiny wool embodiment of the snowman that she had come upon in the fair, in her hand.

"Do you like it?" She asked making the little girl to nod her head rapidly as she threw herself on Rosaliá, who huffed out in disdain but the large smile on her face said otherwise.

The memory, one of the many that she carried around with her heavy heart, Rosaliá opened her sleep-striken eyes letting the tears of anguish fall.

Dreams such as the one she had just experienced were worse than nightmares. Loosing her once was enough to make her loose her mind completely. But the feeling of seeing her but not being able to touch her...

The feeling...where she knew that all that she was seeing was just a fragment of the many beautiful things that she had shared with her broke her heart more.