𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 42

Besides being a failure, the next thing that Rosaliá hated with all her might were funerals

And that was exactly where they were headed.

Her head empty as she absently played with the buttons of her black coat for it was mid December, her eyes stared at the gloved hands that played with them.

It was a wonder to her how covering them made her forget of the innumerable sins she had committed with the same two hands of hers. It was Taehyung who had taught her to wear them, because she used to get so anxious everytime she would look at them and feel them dripping with the blood of those they had killed.

The count had been a single digit at first but before she could realise how many she had murdered with time, she had lost count. The requirement of survival and protect those who were being endangered by them, had convinced her to not over think it.

Over thinking was a slow killer. And she refused to die by something so irrelevant moreover over the death of those who wanted innocents dead. Everytime she had gone to wipe down a bunker or a troop who had been sent to kill, Taehyung's shadow was by her side the same way she was.

They were each other's strongest allies and there was not a single doubt about it.

"Gongju."

Looking up, she watched Jungkook walking up behind her as he placed his hands on her hips, keeping his face on her shoulder as they stared at each other through the mirror.

"You okay?" He asked, worriedly looking over her.

"Just a little disheartened." She said truthfully making him hum before he turned his head to kiss the side of her face.

"I understand. So is the whole of the monarchy. We have lost a big part of our family." He whispered sadly.

After a three day detour in the medical centre, Taehyung had been given an okay sign for travel. Although it was just a small span of travel from Daegu to Busan, his welfare was of utmost importance.

When they had reached Busan, her majesty, Sorah had been in tears. The news of the royal Secretary's death had been a huge blow to the South Korean Monarchy. And it could be seen at how badly they were taking the sudden death of the person who mattered so much to them.

"Come on. Let's go." His eyes met hers again as he intertwined their hands and brought her closer to him letting Rosaliá know that he was by her side and that she could relax.

~ ♛ ~

Cloaks of black, tears of sorrow, sniffles of sadness and the never ending guilt of not being able to help

Lord Jung silently stood at a corner as he watched the respected royals paying the last reverence to the late Hanguk Secretary who had been the most able man by the king of South Korea.

Briefly scanning the perimeter as the thick troops of guards surrounded them, he redirected his gaze at the group who stood a bit behind as the majesties along with the Prince and the Princess came back after seeing secretary Lee.

His eyes watching as Rosaliá stepped up for the semi last person to pay her respects, he saw how she looked so shaken by it all. He had seen her cry that day when she had broken down completely in front of Jungkook, telling him how she had failed to protect the late secretary.

He had no idea that she had grown close to the elder. He actually had no idea that she had even met him except once or twice when he had seen the two of them talk at occasions.

But to see her sobbing that day had him know that the woman had some kind of connect with his teacher.

He watched again as she stood in front of the open casket of the elderly male where he rested placidly before he saw Rosaliá kneeling down beside it. Her head lowered he watched how she lightly touched the wooden outer when the Danish advisor walked up to her along with Taehyung wheeling himself behind them.

The three stayed there, as Taehyung's hand settled on her head while Yoongi silently stared at the coffin. Hoseok wondered just how things had gone so far.

Few months ago, he wouldn't have imagined himself to be in a position where he was questioning his own capability. He had never imagined someone would be as cunning as this certain dictator who had managed to slither his way into the safe quarters of his home and kill his own people.

It infuriated him and more like humiliated him at how he had failed at his job.

But he had learned now that he was in a predicament where he could be attacked from anywhere and now it was hell or hell to him, if he allowed those muggers to touch even a hair of his people.

•