𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 | 53

Shuddering at the feeling of the silk blanket rustling against her legs and arms, Rosaliá gingerly opened her eyes, against the diffused light of the early morning dawn

Shuddering at the feeling of the silk blanket rustling against her legs and arms, Rosaliá gingerly opened her eyes, against the diffused light of the early morning dawn. The cool texture of the silk against her fingers felt warm as she pulled it off of her, her lips smiling as she thought of the one person who would have covered to sleep.

And turning to her side away from the bed, she halted seeing him sitting on the armchair pulled closer to the bed.

Sitting with a glass of bourbon in his hand, his arms hanging over the arm rest, feet crossed with the ankle of one of his legs resting on the other, he stared at her impassively, watching her sleep.

Rosaliá recognised him wearing the same shirt that day before when she had left, but why wasn't he in bed?

"Where were you?" She asked, her voice coming out as a mere whisper as she blinked with her toes still dipped in slumber.

He just tipped the glass off before keeping it down on the bed side table and reaching forward to slip his fingers in her hair, carding them so that he could fondle her scalp as he came closer and kissed her nose.

Her eyes confused, she looked at him to tell her where he had been but he just held that stoic face on, never saying a thing or indicating something.

'He...was very mad.'

She could hear Taehyung's voice echoing in her subconscious. And seeing how his eyes weren't even the round doe eyes she adored and the narrowed hooded ones, she wondered if there was anyway she could redeem herself from his anger.

"Hey—" she started but he stood up leaving her hanging in the middle of what she was about to say as he made his way to the en-suite. Her hands falling beside her, she breathed out in worry, biting her lip in exasperation of how he ignored her.

She got up from the bed too, leaving it unmade as she stalked up to the bathroom, listening to the running of the shower. Her hands working automatically, she stripped off her night dress and pulled her hair up in a bun to join him.

Her eyes wandering down the floor, to see his clothes abandoned, strewn with him naked under the shower as he held his head down and let the water run down his body. Her eyes scanning his body language, she saw how his muscles were stiff and how he was clenching his teeth as if controlling himself.

From what?, she thought.

Moving past the glass barrier from the sinks to the shower stall, she approached him, her hands going to his chest, she tried to hold him but got startled when he grabbed her hands not allowing her to. Her eyes widening at how he refused to be touched, she watched him turn around in the shower giving her a glare.